47.28 an hour w2
Glen allen va
3/16/2020 - 3/15/2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: Develops guidelines for other software engineers that helps them build and implement code that is scalable, stable and secure. Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality code, assists with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching. Understands big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application. Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community. Agile, DevOPS and Cloud: Applies Design Thinking techniques on application design. Leads agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader. Coaches other software engineers on practices such as TDD, ATDD and pair programming. Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Delivery and Continuous integration, and guide the team to setup a DevOps environment for the applications they build and support. Designs and develops highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others. Reviews and takes actions based on application metrics, including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and performance metrics. Creates load and performance testing strategy and perform advanced performance tuning. RESPONSIBILITIES: 7+ years related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure software in IT. Critical thinker. Demonstrated problem solving techniques. Strong verbal and written communication skills. WORK EXPERIENCE: IT 7+ years; Software Development 3+ years EDUCATION: Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Preferred)
Preferred to sit in Glen Allen, but open to remote or other offices for a strong candidate.
Please confirm the following in the notes of each submital:
Candidate is willing to work in X location:
• 10+ years of C work experience in a professional software development position.
• Strong proficiency in C, with fair knowledge of the language specification.
• Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms for AIX and Linux platforms.
• Strong exposure to C Compilers on Linux platforms.
• Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments.
• Knowledge of the latest C11 standard in addition to solid background exposure to C89.
• Extensive experience with make files (including IBM, gnu/gmake).
• Proven experience with general debugger utilization.
• Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
• Demonstrated experience using Java 8+, Spring 4/5, Spring Boot 1/2, JHipster and other advanced Java technologies.
• Demonstrated awareness of MVC/MVVM/MV* software patterns.
• Excited to work with modern client-side frameworks, libraries, and task runners like Angular 5+, Vue.js, React, webpack, npm, and beyond.
• Solid experience in writing and tuning SQL, T-SQL and/or PL/SQL functions, procedures, and triggers.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the HTTP/HTTPS protocol.
• Develop highly scalable applications in AWS cloud-native, managed services not limited to AWS EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Aurora, CloudFormation, and CodePipeline.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial.