A-Line Staffing Solutions
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- This person is responsible to plan all materials to support the manufacturing schedule and accomplish inventory goals.
- Responsible for assuring all materials needed for production and distribution are acquired on a timely basis and in accordance with company policies and procedures and inventory targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines component requirements from the MRP generation run. bull Plans and procures all items for the production schedule while adhering to established inventory goals.
- Support the following activities the generation and publishing reports as follows:
- Inventory Levels and Forecasts Monthly
- PPV Purchase Price Variance Actuals and Forecast Monthly
- Supplier Scorecards Quarterly bull
- Communicates with vendors to obtain information critical to the procurement/sourcing process price delivery invoicing problems expediting etc.
- Corresponds tactfully with sources or potential sources of supplies to overcome any misunderstanding complaints etc. or to secure further pertinent information regarding purchased materials.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers establishes appropriate material delivery requirements payment terms and ensures proper maintenance of open purchase orders.
- Processes both MRO and MRP purchase orders.
- Supports purchasing activities for the plant.
- Participates in inventory reconciliation including cycle counting and yearly physical inventories.
- Maintains and supports the development of the systems for production planning purchasing and inventory control/warehousing via established MRP system.
- Works on special reports/projects as required by Management.
- Responsible for drafting and routing procurement specification changes and updates via established document control system when applicable.
- Proactively reports product and material availability issues - assists in the development and implementation of mitigation plans related to these issues.
- Participates in daily production meetings.
- Reviews account payable invoice discrepancies which the Accounts Payable Department refers for approval particularly where the price or other item does not agree with the purchase order as needed.
- Adheres to and performs according to SOPs and policies governing the various plant functions.
- Complies with cGMP Quality Standards and established policies and/or procedures.
- Identifies develops and implements CIPs Cost Improvement Projects and PPV Purchase Price Variance opportunities in order to meet annual variance goals.
- Completes special projects and assignments as requested by Materials Manager and Plant Manager.
- Maintains Company objectives of inventory levels quality levels pricing controls and inventory availability to support the master schedule.
- Ability to achieve inventory and cost objectives while best utilizing personnel and equipment resources.
- Ability to provide material availability to the shop floor when required. bull Interpersonal skills.
Back order Management.
- Timely and accurate reporting of Production and other critical data to management.
- Effective communications verbal and written.
- Plant variance goal execution especially PPV and CIP goals bull BS in business or related field preferred.
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related area plus three years experience in procurement/planning or equivalency.
- 3 years experience as a Buyer/Planner preferred.
- Requires demonstrated communication human relation and negotiating skills understanding of planning systems lead times and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated working knowledge for ISO-13485 as related to supplier controls. The incumbent must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in ERP/MRP systems required.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word PowerPoint etc
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. bull Must understand the function of quality in an ISO manufacturing environment.
- Experience with data/cost analytics a plus.
- Experience developing cost standards price negotiation vendor selection and maintenance of purchase order system a plus.
A-Line Staffing Solutions
BusinessView all jobs at A-Line Staffing Solutions
Get fresh Director Materials jobs daily straight to your inbox!