Business Intelligence Analyst *Remote*
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Temp to Perm
Primarily SAP Business Objects and Power BI and writing SQL for the dashboards/reports in Power BI
Qlikview was phased out
SQL programing language, not using python on c+ or anything complex language.
Under general direction of the Manager Business Intelligence, the Business Systems Analyst is part of a team responsible for supporting internal/external reporting, ad-hoc reporting, and on-demand analytics for the organization. This individual will participate in the planning, design, development, and implementation of solutions to address ongoing business reporting opportunities and needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards that will support our analytical and business needs
- Review functional requirements for different products, including development, enhancement, test, and production for various Business Intelligence applications such as Power BI, Business Objects and/or Qlik.
- Apply relational and multidimensional modeling techniques such as star schema and snowflake schema, fact and dimensional tables in a database with data mapping and architecture integration with Power BI and business intelligence (BI) tools
- Work extensively in both ad-hoc and standard reporting packages and create reports and dashboards that are scalable with large volumes of data.
- Bring customer-centric focus to the Reporting & Analytics platform by building reports and dashboards using Tableau. Ensure the reports and dashboards meet the customer's needs
- Support data driven initiatives by developing complex sql scripts to process and retrieve the data from data warehouse
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Create conceptual and technical BI reporting documents
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. Experience with Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Alteryx and database skills preferred.
- Strong SQL skills with at least five years of experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of experience developing reporting product/solutions using Business Object 4.0+
- 2+ years of experience building visually appealing reports in Power BI or other BI reporting tool.
- 5+ years of strong SQL experience and the ability to write complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of optimizing and performance tuning the MS SQL and reports.
- Knowledge of relational/dimensional database design and experience in building reporting data marts.
- Ability to translate the business requirements into scalable technical requirements.
- Critical thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to use good judgment in conveying project status and problem escalation
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, or apply to this posting!
A-Line Staffing Solutions
BusinessView all jobs at A-Line Staffing Solutions
Get fresh Sap Business Intelligence Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.