Benefits Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NOW HIRING! APPLY NOW! We are seeking 20+ Benefits Customer Service Representatives with experience in a Customer Service to join our team! Apply NOW to become a part of our great team in Tempe, AZ!
**This role is REMOTE but may return onsite and candidates MUST reside in the Tempe area**
Pay: $17 per hour, or $17.75 for candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English
Schedule: Monday-Friday, must be available for an 8-hour shift between 5:30am-8pm
As a Benefit Customer Service Representative, you will have the rewarding opportunity to help our client plan participants through the enrollment process and when making updates to their health care and/or pension plans. We allow you the freedom to take the time necessary to provide the highest level of service on each contact. You will spend your day on the phone, with opportunities to assist with chat and message center as you gain additional experience. We provide superior customer service in a work from home environment (following the initial training and onboarding period). Eligibility requirements to work from home must be met.
During our busy season you will be expected to work a 40-hour week and overtime when requested. During initial training (and during our off season), your hours may fluctuate between 32 to 40 hours depending on the needs of the client or clients you are assigned to support.
This is a seasonal role; however, we ask our high performers to remain with us to assist on other clients and offer the top performers a full-time permanent opportunity. All our supervisors and many of our managers started out as seasonal colleagues – will you be one?
- Quickly build rapport and respond to plan participants in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations by responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments via phone, email and instant message
- Ability to customize customer service approach to meet all types of communication styles and personalities while maintaining professionalism and diplomacy during difficult calls
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
- Skillfully translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
- Read and understand client’s plan documents and online knowledgebase tools while collecting relevant information to determine immediate requests/questions and also to anticipate the future needs of the member
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
- Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes in a professional manner
- Regularly participate in team meetings and training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills in a grammatically correct way
- Ability to quickly assess member concerns and formulate a response/resolution using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a structured environment – adhere to posted work schedule and breaks/lunches, following protocols
- High level attention to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to organize work
- Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone/instant messaging
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
- Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment to include on-line training and interaction with Managers/Supervisors via chat
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to type 30 words a minute
- Experience working in a customer service-related field
- High School degree required
A-Line Staffing Solutions
BusinessView all jobs at A-Line Staffing Solutions