Benefits Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will be work from home after roughly 2-week training on site
As a Benefit Customer Service Representative you will have the rewarding opportunity to help our client members through the enrollment process and when making updates to their health care and/or pension plans. We allow you the freedom to take the time necessary to provide the highest level of service. You will start out on one client, and with dedication, you will be cross trained to provide assistance on multiple clients. You will spend your day either on the phone, or providing assistance through webchat conversations and email. We provide superior service center environment in professional buildings where you will be recognized for your dedication.
During our busy season you will be expected to work a 40 hour week and overtime when requested. During our off season, your hours will fluctuate between 32 to 40 hours depending on client need.
This is a seasonal role, however we ask our high performers to remain with us to assist on other clients, and offer the top performers a full-time opportunity with Willis Towers Watson. All of our supervisors and managers started out as seasonal colleagues – will you be one?
• Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations by responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments via phone, email and instant message
• Ability to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities while maintaining professionalism, and diplomacy during difficult calls
• Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
• Skillfully translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
• Read and understand client’s plan documents and online knowledgebase tools while collecting relevant information to determine immediate requests/questions and also to anticipate the future needs of the member
• Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
• Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes in a professional manner
• Regularly participate in team meetings and training
• You will spend the majority of your time assisting customers
• Perform other duties as assigned
You are excited to learn new things, have strong computer skills, and are self-motivated to always improve while coming to work every day on-time. You have patience, and the ability to listen and recognize the needs of our client members. You have strong written commination skills, both written and verbal, and are dedicated to well written client notes and instant message communications without the use of slang or emoji’s. You overcome objections with knowledge, patience, and understanding, and enjoy meeting new people by phone, email, and instant message!
HELPING PEOPLE - NO WEEKENDS - NORMAL Business Hours
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills in a grammatically correct way
• Ability to quickly assess member concerns and formulate a response/resolution using analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a structured environment – adhering, following protocols
• High level attention to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to organize work
• Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone/instant messaging
• Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to type 30 words a minute
• Must have excellent attendance and be punctual to work
• Experience working in a customer service environment
• High School degree required
The following are a plus
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree nice to have
• Working knowledge of health and welfare and/or defined benefit pension plans
• Experience working in a call center environment
• Ability to read, write and speak Spanish
A-Line Staffing Solutions