Job Title: Behavioral Health Telephonic Case Manager
Location: Maryland Heights, MO USA 63043
Pay: $28.00 - $30.00 hourly
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am -5:00pm
Under general supervision, and in collaboration with other members of the clinical team, authorizes and reviews utilization of mental health and substance abuse services provided in inpatient and/or outpatient care settings. Collects and analyzes utilization data. Provides member assistance with mental health and substance abuse issues, and participates in special quality improvement projects
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and emergency authorizations as assigned.
- May also perform quality clinical reviews while educating and making appropriate interventions to advance the care of the member in treatment.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, and company policies and procedures, and criteria.
- Interacts with Physician Advisors to discuss clinical and authorization questions and concerns regarding specific cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
- Maintains an active work load in accordance with National Care Manager performance standards.
- Works with community agencies as appropriate.
- Proposes alternative plans of treatment when requests for services do not meet medical necessity criteria.
- Participates in network development including identification and recruitment of quality providers as needed.
- Advocates for the patient to ensure treatment needs are met. Interacts with providers in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process.
- Masters Degree (Education, Marriage, Family Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, ETC
- Active state License as a LCSW, LPC, or LMFT
- 2 yrs experience post degree in psychiatric and/ or substance abuse health care setting, including utilization review.
- Good organizational skills, time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of utilization management procedures, mental health and substance abuse community resources and providers.
- Knowledge and experience in inpatient setting. Ability to function independently and as a team member.
Apply with Ashley at 877-782-3334 or email email@example.com
Keywords: Behavioral Health Professional, BH, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, Licensed Marital Family Therapist, LMFT, Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC, Behavioral Health Crisis, crisis assessments, intake, patient intake, recovery, patient education, community resources, discharge planning, therapy, Behavioral Health Education, Psychology, Psychologist, Substance Abuse, Social Worker, Counselor