A-Frame is seeking a Mid to Senior-level Contract Specialist to support the Department of Homeland Security to perform cradle to grave acquisitions, including solicitation preparation, proposal evaluation, cost and price analysis, source selection process, and contract administration activities. You will be expected to work independently. Department of Homeland Security experience desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze contracting methods, acquisition vehicles, and contract types
- Conduct market research
- Assist program personnel in the preparation of purchase request package documents including the Statement of Work, cost estimates, and Limited Source Justifications
- Prepare solicitations to include instructions to offerors, develop evaluation criteria, compile and tailor appropriate clauses and provisions
- Review proposals for compliance
- Serve as technical advisor to contracting office management
- Advise Source Selection Evaluation Board
- Analyze cost and price data
- Establish pre-negotiation position and assist Contracting Officer with negotiations
- Support Contracting Officer to perform trade-off analysis and conduct debriefings
- Prepare contract file document
- Review invoices, draft contract modifications, assist with contract closeout
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or related field preferred (at least 24-credit hours in business required)
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage cradle to grave acquisitions independently.
- Must have experience awarding high dollar value, multiple award, strategic sourcing contract vehicles.
- Government contract certification required (CFCM, DAWIA, FAC-C)
- Experience with MS Office suite and Google Apps is desired
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of federal contracting laws, regulations, directives, and procedures
- Experience conducting procurements using procedures in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Parts 8, 12, 13, 15, and 16
- Knowledge of contract negotiation techniques sufficient to negotiate and administer contracts where the contracting actions are well defined and precedents are available
- Knowledge of contract administration principles/practices to monitor contractor performance and solve problems relating to contract modifications, contract progress, contract payments, and other similar problems
- Knowledge of contract monitoring and management control techniques necessary to monitor the contractor's financial and business conditions and to detect indicators having an adverse impact on contract performance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, and government customers
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass a government background check prior to starting work
- Minimum 5+ years of federal contracting experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Work is generally performed with standard office equipment available.
A Frame Solutions
Why Work Here?A-Frame Solutions (A-Frame) supports all aspects of the acquisition life cycle to achieve timely, effective, and quality results for the Federal Government and private sector clients. A-Frame provides Contract Specialist Support, Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) Support, and Contract Management Support to help assist in the government acquisition life cycle.
We help you every step of the way to achieve your career goals