Installer / Non CDL Driver (Logistics)
A E M Inc Springfield, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Driver will operate company owned vehicles (Tractor-trailer, Liftgate truck, Cube van, Passenger van) in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with DOT regulations, from warehouse to job site. Driver will, in the event no supervisor or project manager is assigned, act as a crew leader in the loading and unloading of household goods, office furniture or other goods. Driver will ensure that all load on his/her vehicle will be secure for transport.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation , each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Performs pre-trip inspection of the truck assigned for noted damages, flat or worn tires, and travel worthiness.
- Prepares his/her assigned vehicle before leaving warehouse to ensure that all equipment , materials, and cargo is placed on the vehicle and secured for transport.
- Drives the vehicles (Tractor-trailer, Liftgate truck, Cube van, Passenger van) as required , from the warehouse to the job site, and origin to destination.
- Possess the ability to properly and safely lift, load and unload the vehicle of office contents, furnishings, and electronics using cartons, bins, moving crates, dollies and carts.
- Writes complete and accurate inventory of household contents, office goods or furniture when required.
- Provides leadership, guidance and organization to the crew so assigned work can be completed in an efficient manner compliant with company standards.
- Assists when necessary, with the proper and timely completion of warehouse work.
- Language Skills - Must be able to speak and understand English. Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers . Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Enthusiastic -Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Self-Motivated-Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- DOT regulations - professional understanding of and willingness to keep up to date on the regulations.
- One to three months related training.
High School education or GED equivalent
For immediate consideration reach out to our recruiter Jenny at 571-220-6485 after submitting your application
A E M Inc
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at A E M Inc