A Change in Trajectory, Inc. (ACT) is a family-oriented agency that’s committed to narrowing the gap between the developmental path of individuals with special needs and those with typical development. We provide comprehensive behavioral services for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders. We also provide parent education services. All our treatment modalities utilize evidence-based, state-of-the-art ABA strategies. We're equipped with highly professional, courteous staff who are respectful of privacy and are dedicated to the individuals they serve. Our operating model promotes personal growth and positive encouragement for families and team members.
Please visit our website (www.act-works.net) for more information about us.
Provide behavior therapy to children with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders in their homes. Improve their quality of life by implementing individualized behavior support plans and appropriate developmental curriculum designed by Board Certified Behavior Analysts. The primary goal of our services is to help these children function more effectively in their everyday lives. Behavior Instructors collect data on all behaviors targeted and meet with their supervisors weekly to analyze the information that they’ve gathered and to participate in initial and ongoing training.
• High school diploma (required)
• AA/AS or BA/BS completed or currently in-progress (highly desired)
• Prior experience working with children (preferred, but not required)
• Prior experience working with individuals with special needs (preferred, but not required)
• Motivated to learn the theory & application of Applied Behavior Analysis
• Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply (sign language preferred)
• Additional opportunities are available for individuals who have completed 12 units or more of child development coursework
• Live scan fingerprint clearance
• Valid California driver’s license
• Valid car insurance
• Good driving record
• Able to lift 25 lbs.
• Very receptive to feedback
• Available to work weekday afternoons and/or evenings for a minimum of 10 hours per week (weekend hours may also be available)
• Committed to helping and making a difference in the lives of others
• Desire to grow within the field
Eligible employees who have already completed their Bachelor’s Degrees are encouraged to enroll in a discounted Masters of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis degree cohort which meets the educational requirements necessary to become a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst and takes place on a weekly basis at our San Diego office.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time