A Change in Trajectory, Inc. (ACT) is a family-oriented agency that’s committed to narrowing the gap between the developmental path of individuals with special needs and those with typical development. We provide comprehensive behavioral services for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders. We also provide parent education services. All our treatment modalities utilize evidence-based, state-of-the-art ABA strategies. We're equipped with highly professional, courteous staff who are respectful of privacy and are dedicated to the individuals they serve. Our operating model promotes personal growth and positive encouragement for families and team members.
Please visit our website (www.act-works.net) for more information about us.
Provide in-home one to one behavior therapy to children with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders in their homes. The primary goal of our services is to help these children function more effectively in their everyday lives. Behavior Instructors collect data on all behaviors targeted and meet with their supervisors weekly to analyze the information that they’ve gathered and to participate in initial and ongoing training. A child with Autism may have difficulty with the following skills:
· Talking or following directions
· Difficulty expressing wants and needs
· Difficulty transitioning to new or different environments (new food, having their toys rearranged, or going to a new place)
· Engaging in problem behaviors (hitting, pinching, spitting)
We improve their quality of life by implementing individualized behavior support plans and appropriate developmental curriculum designed by Board Certified Behavior Analysts. Such as:
· Helping children to learn how to communicate
· Helping children learn how to play
· Helping children learn how to interact with family and peers
· Teach children to use appropriate behaviors instead of problem behaviors.
· Teaching self-help skills
• AA/AS or BA/BS completed or currently in-progress (highly desired)
• Live scan fingerprint clearance
• Valid California driver’s license
• Valid car insurance
• Good driving record
• Reliable Vehicle
• Able to lift 25 lbs.
• Very receptive to feedback