EVENTS SOUS CHEF
A Catering Company New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k
EVENTS” SOUS CHEF
the sous chef is responsible for all aspects of both the onsite and offsite event kitchen. the sous chef reports directly to the culinary director and works closely with the culinary director, kitchen manager, and location managers to ensure that all offsite catering and events operate effectively and in accordance with relish’s standards from back of house to front of house.
the job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
PHILOSOPHY & CULTURE
· up-hold and maintain the philosophy of relish.
· continuously create visually stunning food by utilizing interesting techniques and varied presentation depending on type of event.
· up-hold and maintain a positive, professional work environment for all staff and peers.
· work with other co-managers to make relish a quality catering experience for our clients.
HIRING, TRAINING & SCHEDULING
· training, supervision, and development of all kitchen and back of house staff.
· initiation and implementation of the culinary directors training systems. development of all opening and closing procedures as they relate to food preparation, kitchen maintenance and the sanitary conditions of the event space.
· manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizing waste.
· works with existing systems to improve waste reduction.
· manage budgetary concerns.
· planning, organizing, and executing family meals on site during events.
· provides guidance to all kitchen staff members including, but not limited to, line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
· supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and catering standards.
· ensure menus are prepared according to approved recipes.
· assists head chef with menu creation.
· ensures all food is being prepared, cooked, and stored in accordance within local health dept. standards.
· maintains all aspects of the events kitchen and boh.
· continuously work to build staff moral and team pride.
· ensure the physical sanitation and cleanliness of the kitchen and boh
· work with onsite managers to train staff to ensure all product is being received and logged properly.
· must be able to handle all physical demands of the job
· Coordinates with kitchen management team on supply ordering, budget, kitchen efficiency and staffing.
· physical counting and processing of inventory.
· coordinates with kitchen management team on supply ordering, budget, kitchen efficiency and staffing.
· ensure all work-related injuries are promptly reported to the managers on duty and an accident form is filled out.
Sous Chef Skills and Qualifications:
Formal Culinary Training, Previous Catering Experience, Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge, Restaurant Industry Knowledge, Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations, Leadership, Management, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· must have at least 6 years relevant industry experience in good standing
· must have a valid NYS driver's license
· must have a valid NYS health department certification
A Catering Company
AddressNew York, NY
FoodView all jobs at A Catering Company