Lead Teachers are responsible for the development of children, typical job duties of a Lead teacher are developing lesson plans, supervising academic and emotional development of young children, maintaining open communication with parents, coordinating with assistant teachers and helping with children transitions.
Qualifications such as teaching expertise, leadership, organizational skills, budgeting, strong communication and interpersonal abilities, and computer competencies. A Bachelors degree in early childhood development is not required but requested.
- Outstanding experience implementing state and daycare approved curriculum
- Leads the teaching of general education, also individuals with learning challenges and special needs within an inclusive classroom.
- Creates lesson plans as well as prepares documentation boards highlighting students achievements.
- Observe and document quarterly behavior and learning abilities.
- CPR/First Aid Card Holder
- Food Handlers Certification
- Illinois Gateways Member