A Bridge to Independence York, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
York, Adams and Cumberland County Area
Remote Position, work from home!
SUMMARY: Coordinates and develops monitors the assessment, care planning process and follow up for each consumer, serves as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of consumer’s benefits.
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a Social or Human Services or related field is required (i.e. social work, psychology, etc.).
- At least 3 years of professional experience in resource management or 3 years of professional experience in rehabilitation.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and access to a private vehicle for day-to-day job performance due to making home visits requiring frequent local and occasional state-wide travel. The Agency also requires a Motor Vehicle Record Check.
- In accordance with Federal and the state of Pennsylvania regulations governing facilities/agencies that offer care-dependent services, a facility/agency may not hire an applicant nor retain an employee required to submit a criminal history report if the criminal history report reveals a felony conviction under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act or a conviction under any of the Pennsylvania Crime Codes. In addition, any felony offense under Chapter 39, of the Crime Code (relating to theft & related offenses), or two or more misdemeanors under Chapter 39 will prohibit the hiring of the applicant or retaining the employee. Agency requires a Criminal Background Check as well as a Child Abuse History Clearance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining current documentation of the consumer’s eligibility for waiver services, copies of the consumer’s individual service plan, and individual budget, financial data, and related information, managing consumer records, ISPs, meeting with consumers, documenting via service notes.
- Collaborate with consumers, caregivers, physicians, and other providers to develop a comprehensive ISP/PCSP.
- Conducting intake and assessments for new consumers as well as annual recertification for existing consumers.
- Knowing each consumer on a personal basis and being aware of the consumer’s strengths and weaknesses, and the consumer’s general plans to achieve his/her desired lifestyle.
- Monitoring the health and welfare of the consumer and the quality of services provided to the consumer through personal visits and telephone calls.
- Linking the consumer to all needed medical services regardless of the source of payment.
- Assisting consumers in identifying contractors/vendors for environmental modifications and specialized medical equipment who meet provider qualifications. Providing follow-up with selected contractors and assuring consumer satisfaction. Documenting as required.
- Ensuring that each consumer has a comprehensive Person-Centered ISP and an accurate individual budget.
- Reviewing & updating the ISP/SAF once a year or more frequently if needed.
- Adheres to the Agency code of ethics and complies with the Federal, State and Agency Mandated Regulations/guidelines/standards applicable to the HCBS Waivers, Aging Waiver and Autism waiver, including complying with all reporting requirements and general standards of the waivers.
- Function as a liaison to external agencies and shares information to others, which may impact care and/or services of consumers
- Accurately identify and prioritize at-risk consumers
- Effectively communicate ISP/PCS plans and other consumer-related activities both verbally and in writing to appropriate sources.
- Coordinate preventative opportunities/measures promote early identification and interventions
- Participate in the marketing of the agency
- Identify, report, and address quality issues through observation and data sources.
- Complies with the agency standard for service coordination/case management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in working with or providing services for individuals with disabilities and/or special needs, traumatic brain injuries, and the chronically mentally ill population, as well as skills in diagnosis and assessment and a commitment to the consumer control philosophy.
- Ability to work as part of comprehensive service and health orientated team and to represent the Agency in the community.
- Familiarity with community support systems, health care, and human service resources, person-centered care plans, etc.
- Good organizational skills and administrative abilities.
- Ability to successfully operate a personal computer and sustain a working knowledge of the required software.
- Ability to adhere to the professional code of ethics.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with the Federal, State, and Agency Mandated Regulations/Guidelines/standards applicable to HCBS Waivers and Autism waivers.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance (100% company paid for employee) Optional employee paid insurances also available.
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Mileage reimbursement
Persons with disabilities, veterans, and retirees are encouraged to apply.
Our staff are experienced professional Service Coordinators who have a clear understanding of the Independent Living Philosophy. The staff at A Bridge to Independence will work with the consumers/participants to ensure they receive the highest quality in-home services as possible.
A Bridge to IndependenceWhy Work Here?
100% Company paid health, dental and vision benefits, 13 paid holidays, generous PTO policy!
A Bridge to Independence is a service/supports coordination provider serving consumers throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Florida Our staff are experienced professional Service Coordinators who have a clear understanding of the Independent Living Philosophy. The staff at A Bridge to Independence will work with the consumers/participants to ensure they receive the highest quality in-home services as possible.