Boarding Care Provider
A Betterdog Kennel Monroe, NC
- Posted: 26 days ago
Kennel Attendant Job Description
To provide daily care for boarded dogs and assist with kennel maintenance. They are involved with cleaning cages and runs, bathing, exercising, feeding, administering medication and monitoring the behavior of boarded dogs. Kennel Attendants work under the direct supervision of a kennel manager or other facility supervisor. Kennel attendants may be required to work irregular hours including evenings, weekends and holidays. They also must be prepared to handle dogs that may be stressed due to being in an unfamiliar environment.
Specific Job Duties:
- Clean and maintain kennels and animal living areas on a daily basis
- Clean other kennel areas. Sweep, take out garbage, wash windows, etc.
- Clean and maintain kennel equipment: i.e. crates, leashes, brushes, etc.
- Follow proper safety procedures when using chemicals and cleaning supplies
- Follow ALL Guides for duties
- Should enjoy working with dogs, cats and rabbits
- Able to read, write, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Able to humanely handle animals under various circumstances
- Able to work harmoniously with other employees
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Able to bend and squat regularly
- Hours will vary from Sunday – Saturday 6:30 am – 6 pm
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- Must be punctual, reliable and responsible!
- References checked
- Applicants are to be 18 years old and up
A Betterdog KennelWhy Work Here?
After the cleaning. After the maintenance. You get to play with dogs!
4702 W Highway 74Monroe, NC
AnimalView all jobs at A Betterdog Kennel