- Medical , Dental , Retirement
K&D Pratt Group Inc. (KDP) is a multi-industry fire and life safety services and solutions company with comprehensive product offerings; globally recognized product and solution partners; installation, commission, inspection, and testing services and 24/7/365 support. We are proud to employ a diverse team of professionals across Canada who are focused on delivering high-quality products, solutions, and service to our clients. Every day our team members apply their unique knowledge, skills, and abilities to their work, living by our principles of Accountability, Continuous Improvement and Teamwork. We love what we do, and we are always seeking enthusiastic talent to join our team.
The Project Manager will be responsible for day to day project management and coordination. Specific expectations of this role include:
- Manage project planning, scheduling, and execution, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet the required quality standards;
- Provide leadership and direction to sub-contractors, consultants and vendors;
- Ensure compliance with contractual guidelines including but not limited to project plans, specifications, codes, etc.;
- Understand and comply with all applicable Codes, Standards, and system operating objectives to verify our proposals;
- Monitor and control project costs, including preparation of project budgets, tracking expenses, and forecasting project costs;
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients ensuring that their expectations are met or exceeded;
- Liaise with internal technical staff and, where required, clients and on-site supervision, to ensure high levels of customer service and effective execution of work scopes;
- Provide regular progress reports and analysis according to operational and contractual requirements;
- Manage project risks and develop strategies to mitigate them; and
- Champion safety leadership in all projects through regular communication of safety objectives; review of safety performance; and adherence to safety standards, policies and procedures established in the HSE system.
The successful candidate must be:
- Professional, highly motivated, self-starter with keen attention to detail;
- Proven ability to support and lead the planning, safe and timely execution of multiple projects;
- Capable of demonstrating strong problem-solving skills and flexibility to address changing situations and priorities;
- Focused on delivery of superior service and support to our customers;
- Effective in communication and collaboration with team members, subcontracts and customers;
- Knowledgeable of relevant codes, standards, regulation and legislation;
- Flexible to travel a minimum of 50% of worked time within Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as work overtime to support operational and client needs as required.
The preferred candidate would have a variety of experience, qualifications and skills including:
- Training in an engineering technology, project management, business management, or similar program diploma or degree accredited program.
- PMP certification would be considered an asset.
- +5 years experience in a project coordination or management role in a large-scale, light and heavy industrial, commercial or institutional construction projects;.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to submit to and maintain federal and client-specific security clearance(s).
- Competence in the use of project management software and/or contract administration and scheduling tools would be seen as a benefit.
- All combinations of education in a related and experience will be considered.
NOTE: This role can be based in either K&D Pratt's Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador location or remotely in the Stephenville Newfoundland and Labrador or surrounding regions.
KDP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health and dental insurance; retirement savings and leave programs. If you are excited by the opportunity to contribute to a highly successful and growing company and interested in being part of a dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
We embrace diversity across all our operations and foster a respectful and inclusive work environment. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply.
A Bell Group of CompaniesStephenville, NL
Get fresh Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.