A-1 Medical Staffing is hiring Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) to work in local nursing facilities PRN, part time or full time. We only require 1 - 8 hour shift per month to be active with us. Make your own schedule and choose when and where you want to work!
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) works as staff in customer facilities. He/She functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the Staff Nurse and the Director of Nursing and/or appropriate supervisor at the facility. He/She reports to A-1 Medical Staffing for employment purposes.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to read and write consistent with job requirements.
- Completion of a basic aide training program consistent with state and federal requirements and for which a certificate was obtained.
- Must provide current certification of CPR training.
- Able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most people.
- Able to successfully perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to stoop and bend.
- Able to assist patients with daily activities; such as bathing, walking and transfers.
- Must be able to travel to prospective patients’ residences.
- Must be able to lift, turn and transfer patients weighting up to 200 pounds.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Satisfactory performance on a competency evaluation and annual re-evaluation.
- Completion of six months employment as a nurse’s aide in a hospital or health-related facility.
- Has the emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with the patient and the staff of A-1 Medical Staffing.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and criminal background checks.
Tasks to be performed by a Certified Nurse Aide must be assigned by and performed under the supervision of a RN who will be responsible for the patient cared provided by the Certified Nurse Aide. Under no circumstances may a Certified Nurse Aide be assigned to receive or reduce any intravenous procedures, procedures involving the use of Levin’s tubes or Foley catheters or any other sterile or invasive procedures; other than rectal temperatures or enemas. Except as otherwise noted, duties of the Certified Nurse Aide may include:
- Helps the patient maintain good personal hygiene.
- Assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
- Assist the patient with ambulating.
- Assists with certain treatments as ordered by a physician and approved and supervised by a nurse.
- Assists the therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative processes.
- Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan.
- Attempts to promote patient’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest.
- Give simple emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household.
- Establishes a relationship with the patient that transmits trust and confidentiality.
- Reports any change in the patient’s mental or physical condition to immediate supervisor, the staff nurse or to the aide supervisor.
- Carries out assignments as instructed by the nurse or the paramedical team and reports to the nurse when unable to do so.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the patient, as instructed by the professional nurse.
- Attends in-services as required by state and federal regulations.
- Confirms work schedule on a weekly basis.
- Notifies the A-1 Medical Staffing office of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods or special professional meetings which will affect agreed service.
We offer competitive wages, bonuses for hours worked, health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance and more! Apply today to explore your options.
A-1 Medical Staffing
Why Work Here?Preferred local staffing company specializing in healthcare services for the medical profession. Successful with connecting nursing staff such as CNAs, CMAs LPNs and RNs with various types of healthcare companies including but not limited to skilled nursing, home care, behavioral health, hospice and hospitals.
Benefits available including PTO, health, vision and dental insurance plus weekly pay!