Assistant General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: Contributes to A&W® success by leading the restaurant team to provide engaging service of quality food and beverage to guests in a clean and comfortable environment. The AGM assists the RGM in Team Member development and the financial success of the restaurant.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
• Assists in human resource functions for restaurant staff including selection, training, enforcement of policies and procedures, performance management, development, and team building.
• Maintains a safe, healthy, and secure facility by enforcing sanitation standards and procedures, complying with health and legal regulations, and maintaining security systems.
• Performs daily workstation assignments along with supervisory duties.
• Actively engages with guests to solicit feedback and build relationships in the community.
• Takes direction from RGM in order to identify and address trends and issues in restaurant performance.
• Assists RGM in motivating Team Members to meet organizational and operational objectives.
• Recognizes Team Members for group and individual accomplishments.
• Controls purchases and inventory by ordering to calculated pars, monitoring Team Member activities, and evaluating usage reports.
• May take on RGM responsibilities in their absence.
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and brand standards of A&W® Restaurants.
Pays additional $2.00 per hour bonus for every hour worked paid quarterly. Another additional $1.00 per hour for paid for employees who work 32 hours or more per week. Paid out quarterly.
Summary of Qualifications
• Minimum two years progressively responsible experience in restaurant, hospitality, or retail industry
• Minimum one year supervisory experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
• Strong operational skills in a fast-paced customer service environment
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop Team Members
• Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with Team Members and guests
• Ability to gain the respect and trust of direct reports
• Effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
• Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods up to 4 (four) hours in length.
• Must have flexible availability for scheduling Must be available for both opening and closing shifts
• Must be able to work beyond scheduled hours as business requires
Please do not send any emails, resumes, or call.
We are making it really easy to apply for this position.
Simply submit a ZippyApp application package which may include the Common Employment Application, Resume, and a Cover Letter. In your Cover Letter, please write a short paragraph describing yourself and why you would make a great addition to our team.
A&W - St. Helena
AddressSaint Helena, CA
Get fresh Restaurant General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.