- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $15 Hourly
A&W® is looking for some fun and energetic Team Leads for our restaurant! We offer a competitive wage, a free meal for each shift, 20% discount for off-duty meals, a generous retention bonus program, referral bonus program, recognition program and service rewards and additional benefits for full-time Team Members.
Requirements/Responsibilities Position Summary: Contributes to A&W® success by assisting the Restaurant General Manager (RGM) in executing daily operations. Directs Team Members to provide engaging service of quality food and beverages in a clean and comfortable environment.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to, the following):
• Works in various positions as needed during shift in addition to Supervisor duties.
• Directs Team Member activities in order to maintain speed of service, cleanliness standards, and operational needs. Organizes opening, shift change, and closing duties.
• Monitors Team Member productivity and performance. Provides clear, specific, timely, and respectful coaching and feedback to improve performance and achieve operational excellence.
• Follows all company policies and procedures. Helps to maintain a safe working environment throughout the restaurant. Holds Team Members accountable for following policies including those for cash handling and safety and security.
• Assists in orientation and training of new Team Members. Uses company training resources effectively. Recommends Team Member training needs to RGM.
• Serves as a role model by developing positive relationships with Team Members and demonstrating engaging guest service at all times.
• Takes appropriate and immediate action to resolve guest complaints. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Works with RGM to continually improve guest service.
• Communicates effectively. Filters information between RGM and Team Members as needed.
• Assists RGM in administrative activities such as: managing inventory, ordering product, preparing deposits, HAACP records, and maintaining financial and labor records. • Sets the standard for regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Responsible for the safety and security of the Team Member’s, facilities, and assets in the absence of the RGM or AGM.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of food service operations. Minimum one year of experience in industry.
• Knowledge of food safety and physical safety guidelines
• Strong interpersonal skills • Strong customer service skills • Strong problem solving skills • Effective communication, orally and in writing, with Team Members and guests
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships • Lead and motivate a team, even during challenging times Physical Requirements:
• Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods up to 4 (four) hours in length. Availability Requirements:
• Must have flexible availability for scheduling
• Must be available for both opening and closing shifts
• Must be able to work beyond scheduled hours as business requires Equal Opportunity Employment It is the policy of A&W Restaurants, Inc. to offer equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer/Team Member relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, ago, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, tobacco smoking status, or any other status protected by law. A&W restaurants, Inc. act in compliance with the requirements and intent of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations to protect the right to equal opportunity employment. Other Duties Please not this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities of projects, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employer for this job. Duties, projects, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without noticeCompany Introduction
A&W is an iconic brand that is experiencing a major renaissance under new franchisee ownership. The A&W Brand is owned by a partnership of international and domestic franchisees, including the National A&W Franchisees Association (NAWFA). With their years of experience working on the front lines of their own franchises, NAWFA helped restructure the A&W business model in 2011, bringing the brand back in line with its 100-year-old roots.
Since our franchisees bought A&W, we have poured all our energy into re-growing the brand that started in 1919. And since no one understands franchisees better than other franchisees, A&W is fully committed to creating long-term recurring cash flow and potential multi-generational wealth for our franchisees. We do that by focusing on growing profitable sales at the store level, and not just on collecting royalty fees.
The results have soared beyond expectations. Since 2011, we’ve experienced a brand resurgence with nearly 33% increases in same-store sales on average.
It started with cold, creamy Root Beer on a hot day, and the rest, as they say, is history.
A&W has a long history in this country, beginning with the first A&W Root Beer stand in 1919. Chain founder Roy Allen handed out his first handmade soda during a parade in Lodi, CA, to welcome home returning WWI vets. A century later, we have more than 625 restaurants from coast to coast (including a couple in Alaska), we make our Root Beer fresh in stores daily, and we’re still deeply connected to the small-town communities that have supported us all these years.
1196 Westowne DrNeenah, WI
RetailView all jobs at A&W Restaurants