The Network Administrator (NA) will perform all aspects of network administration support the stable operation of the Carlisle Barracks information campus network (iCAN). NA will assist with the planning, design, install/configuration, maintenance and optimization of the network. These networks include the NIPR, Secure SIPR and commercial DSL networks on Carlisle Barracks.
In general, the NA works under the direct guidance of the Lead NA and both work directly for the Information Technology Manager. NA is responsible for all aspects of the (iCAN). This includes:
- Configure, Install and Maintain all network hardware to include switches, routers, hubs, cables, core switches
- Install or assist with installation of network cabling to include fiber
- Provided IP address information on network connections as well as assign the same
- Establish domains and assign DNS information
- Configure and maintain firewalls and other network security hardware equipment
- Establish and maintain/edit access control lists (ACL) on network hardware
- Create and maintain network diagrams for all hardware in the iCAN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and install network hardware to include switches, firewalls, routers etc
- Perform operational maintenance on all network hardware.
- Ensuring network hardware compliance with applicable Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG) and other directive requirements
- Maintain network documentation, diagrams and logs in accordance with the Department of the Army and Carlisle Barracks regulations and policies
- Monitors and analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning based on analysis
- Writes or modifies custom scripts to resolve performance problems and automate network administration tasks
- Troubleshoot network connectivity and performance issues
- Communicating regularly with systems administrators as well as technical, applications and operational staff to ensure network integrity and security
- Provide level II/III support to service desk personnel on all network related matters
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain 802.1x port security on all network ports. In absence of 802 utilize sticky mac for the same purpose.
- Establish and maintain network diagrams for all networks to include commercial
- Be able to configure and install wireless access points
- Ability to work with network analyzing equipment
- Ability to work virtual private networks (VPN) and associated hardware/software
- Ability to work with multiple types of switch technology to include CISCO, Brocade and Juniper
- Establish and maintain complete wireless infrastructure
- Work with vMWare and vSphere technology
- Assist in establishing the site COOP plan
- Active directory management
- Ability to work with Voice over IP technology
- Possess investigative skills to assist in external entity request for information
- Create, review and adhere to network security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Monitor and maintain system health and security using various tools
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution;
- Able to keep up with emerging technology trends relating to network, network security and risk management
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in IT Network Administration or related field, and/or training and two years full-time directly related work experience and knowledge.
Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situation to clients, producers and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to analyze system requirements and issues within the iCAN, with emphasis on the network hardware/software and apply or remediate the same
· Ability to take guidance from outside sources for installation and or trouble shooting of network systems/applications and apply to hardware available
· Experience with Windows 10 Desktop OS
· Experience with Windows 12 Server OS
· Working knowledge with SCCM 07/12
· Working knowledge with HBSS/Hips
· Active Directory Structure
· Remote Access (Dameware or equivalent)
· Remedy ITSM ticketing system
· Knowledge of Linus RedHat OS
· Knowledge of backup/restore processes and systems
· Working knowledge of virtual environments (vMware)
· Working knowledge of principles of networking hardware
· Working knowledge of networking ports and protocols
· Working knowledge of key networking services (AD, file and print, applications, email, HTTP, DNS, DHCP etc)
· Understanding and knowledge of the OSI Model
· Working knowledge of Network Management tools
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Government Secret Security clearance.
· Must have CompTIA Security+ certification.
· Cisco Certified Network Associate ((CCNA) or equivalent cert for Brocade/Juniper) a plus
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) major plus
· VCP6-DCV VMware certified professional a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Individual should be self-motivated, creative and capable of multitasking.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Individual must demonstrate interpersonal dynamics and above average personal organization.
· Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
· Perform responsibilities using a computer
· Ability to lift/transport equipment up to 50lbs
· Business office setting.
· The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Travel: Occasional travel for training may be required.