Track Protection Specialist Foreman
A&B Rail Services Saskatoon, SK
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical,
WHO WE ARE:
Our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
- This job will require travel throughout Western Canada for extended periods of time.
- This job will require working in all types of weather conditions.
- Due to the physically demanding nature of the position, candidates will be required to undergo fitness testing as a condition of employment
Reporting to the Superintendent or Project Manager, the Foreman is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals. The Foreman must ensure safety, quality, profitability, and scheduling, resulting in customer satisfaction.
- Review all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications and scope of work.
- Pre-plan work activities with Superintendent to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
- Plan the day-to-day operations on the assigned project, and ensure that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work i.e., labour, equipment, and material.
- Take responsibility for crew performance as related to company goals, safety audits, administration of company policies and procedures.
- Conduct tailgate meetings. Initiate follow-up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Conduct daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
- Maintain a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
- Communicate with the Project Superintendent, Project Manager, General Contractor and customer to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Communicate with sub-contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
- Perform a variety of related administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders, and updating project files.
- Perform other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
- Provide coaching and instruction to all crew members.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Organize, develop, and communicate schedules and goals to crew members
- Strong customer relations skills
- Use computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting
- Safe use of hand and power tools
- Excellent vision and hearing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead a team and motivate workers.
- Exercise sound judgment and give clear direction.
- Work effectively in a team environment as a contributing team player.
- Experience taking Track Protection
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license or equivalent
- High School Diploma is an asset
- 2 years Railway experience
- Valid Track Protection Certificate is preferred
- Training in CROR, First Aid, WHMIS, Confined Space, CSTS are an asset but we will train.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Pay
- An industry leading comprehensive benefits program
- The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A&B Rail ServicesWhy Work Here?
A union job with benefits and pension, in addition to being part of a company with many opportunities for growth!
Founded in 1965 with just a few employees, A&B Rail Services has grown to a full-service railroad company of over 1000 capable, experienced employees who are able to deliver a project of any size anywhere in Canada on-time and on budget. Our services include light rail construction and maintenance, heavy haul track construction, track inspection and maintenance, production and rehabilitation, and signals and communications. We have the necessary knowledge, equipment, employees and resources to service Transit, LRT, Class 1, industrial, and short line railroads anywhere in Canada.