Boom Truck Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE:
At A&B Rail LTD., our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
We are looking for Boom Truck, Loaders, Speed Swing and Mark IV Operators to start Immediately. All Other Machine Operators are encouraged to apply.
- This job will require travel throughout Western Canada for extended periods of time.
- This job will require working in all types of weather conditions.
- Due to the physically demanding nature of the position, candidates will be required to undergo a fitness test as a condition of employment.
Ensuring safety is a priority, operators work in a team environment to build and maintain railways in numerous locations across Canada. An Operator will be in charge of one or more specific machines; such as a spiker, speed swing, loader, backhoe or other equipment as needed. Daily inspections and minor repairs are also completed.
- Ensuring safety is a priority to self, fellow workers, the general public and the assets of the company and following policies and procedures set out by the company
- Operate one or more specific machines such as but not limited to; spiker, speed swing, loader, backhoe or other on a railway track as per the operator manual
- A daily walk-around inspection of the machine, general housekeeping of machine and minor repairs to the machine when necessary to ensure safe operation
- Daily administration of logbooks, job briefings etc.
- Compliance to track rules and instructions according to CROR
- Assist with manual labour when necessary
- Communicate effectively over the radio
- Meet productivity level requirements set out by supervisors/foremen
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills including listening, writing and speaking
- Good client service and public interaction skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good hand and eye coordination
- A high school diploma or equivalent is considered an asset
- Minimum 6 months experience working in the railway industry
- 1 season machine operator experience required
- Class 5 Driver’s License required, Class 1 Drivers License required to operate a Boom truck
- CROR required (will train)
- Basic hand tools such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers
- Basic mechanical aptitude required
- Clear criminal record preferred
- Clean drivers abstract preferred
- First Aid, Fall Arrest, GEI, Forklift Loader, Specific Machine Operator Certification is an asset (will train)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs unassisted
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Pay
- An industry-leading comprehensive benefits program
- The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A&B Rail Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A&B Rail Services
Get fresh Boom Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.