General Laborer - Construction
A&A Transfer Inc Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Rigger is accountable for lifting and hoisting, positioning, moving and transporting heavy loads of equipment with other members of the crew team in a safe manner. Rigging relocations of the commercial and industrial equipment are relied heavily upon as a core service of the business.
- To be successful in this position, the Rigger must demonstrate the ability to stay focused, possess leadership skills, and work as a team player.
- He/she must have the ability to establish and maintain relationships with other staff, employees, and the general public. The Rigger must communicate information clearly and effectively.
- It is also vital for the Rigger to comply with all company safety programs, policies and procedures. The Rigger must be able to pass a drug screening test and work in a drug free workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lift & hoist, position, move & transport heavy loads.
- Set up and rig large-scale equipment.
- Position, align, or level machines, equipment, and or structures.
- Test mechanical products or equipment.
- Fabricate, assemble, or disassemble manufactured products by hand.
- Signal directions or warnings to coworkers.
- Install, maintain, and dispose batteries.
- Lift, load, and unload trucks.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forklift operation, Riggers must have completed OSHA safety
- classes prior to operating.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- At least one year of experience is required.
- OSHA Certified in Forklift Operation.
- Certified Rigger preferred.
- Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of safety laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of heavy hauling and crane construction.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to adjust straps, move equipment and perform daily duties; reach with hands and arms; push feet to operate forklift; pull handles and grasp equipment; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position is primarily performed off-site at a customer job location and traveling to and from the site will be required. The Rigger must report to the A&A facility at the beginning and end of every day. On occasion, it will be required to stay in a hotel overnight to finish the project if the traveling time is further than 2 hours each way.
A&A Transfer Inc
A&A Transfer is the leading industrial rigging and crane company in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The Company has been in business since 1965 and has evolved from a moving company into its current form as a specialty contractor. A&A Transfer takes pride in our excellent safety record and in our commitment to high-quality customer service. A&A is based in Loudoun County and the firm is growing much like the County and the Region.
44175 Lavin Lane ChantillyBaltimore, MD
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at A&A Transfer Inc