*** WE ARE CONTINUING TO HIRE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION IN THE MIDST OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. UPON HIRE, TRAINING WILL BE CONDUCTED UNDER SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES ***
As a valued member of our team, the welder will primarily weld and assemble metal components to effect repairs to dump trucks, trailers, and other similar equipment. EXPERIENCE WITH WELDING ALUMINUM IS A PREFERRED! Our family-owned company offers highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a 401k plan, flexible spending account program, paid time off and holiday pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including the following; other duties may be assigned)
- - Attend work without excessive absenteeism
- - Follow all safe work practices
- - Obtain parts and access area to be welded by climbing ladder if necessary
- - Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts
- - Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work
- - Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead
- - Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding)
- - Examine weld for bead size and other
- - Grind or clean weld joint of work piece
- - Repair improperly welded pieces and fill
- - Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig
- - Tack assemblies
- - Fabricate new or replacement parts for dump trucks, trailers, and wheel wash unit
- - Assemble component parts using hand and small power
- - May change hoses, fittings, air valves and/or suspension parts
- - Clean up work area
We are looking for a candidate who understands and can apply welding techniques, can accept responsibility for the work performed; visualize what the finished product should look like and operate welding equipment with skill.
- - Experience working with steel & aluminum
- - Wire-feed welding
- - Mechanical with hydraulics
- - Wrenching experience
- - Fabrications with welding and layout
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Welding certification is not required but is preferred.
We are looking for a candidate who can work quickly and skillfully with the hands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds. Individual must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, hazardous chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is regularly exposed to wet or slippery ground conditions. Employee must wear required personal protective equipment; up to and including safety vest, hard hat, ear protection, gloves and safety glasses.
A&A Concrete Supply , Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
A&A Concrete Supply