Data Architect (Senior & Mid-level roles available)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
US Citizen must have, or obtain a Public Trust clearance@Orchard LLC, a Woman-Owned Small Business (8a) is supporting a prime contractor for an engagement with the Defense Health Agency (DHA). We are looking to hire under contract, or on a salaried basis, experienced Data Architects (Senior and Mid-level) to support cutting-edge projects related to military health. This is a role that can be performed from anywhere within the United States (#workfromhome) and will provide the opportunity to develop skills and experience in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud platforms, and a wealth of data engineering initiatives.
As the Data Architect you will be:
- Responsible for defining and implementing the technology strategy across Analytics, Big Data, and Cloud platforms, will research and bring current industry trends to the table, evaluating them for both risk and fit to business requirements.
- Providing insight and technology recommendations that result in enterprise solutions that solve critical business problems.
- Leading the design, delivery, and documentation of multi-platform architecture with a focus on architectural standards, growth, performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate them. Lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking, and implementing data-centric technologies for the platform.
- Be the technical architect and point person for data platforms.
- Architect reliable and scalable data platforms, provide standard interfaces to query and support analytics for our big security-related data sets that are transparent, efficient, and easy to access as possible by our varied applications.
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including significant work as a Data Architect within a similar environment. (10+ years of experience for the Senior Data Architect position).
- Demonstrated experience in Big Data Technologies that can provide the technical direction towards re-architecting Data Models and Access Platforms.
- Extensive experience with data implementations, data storage, and distribution. Demonstrated capability building large-scale systems utilizing Big Data Technologies.
- Excellent understanding of Big Data Analytics platforms and ETL in the context of Big Data.
- Experience with administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, benchmarking, and performance tuning of Database Engines.
- Experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS is a plus. Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
- Hands-on programming skills with strong capability in creating data structures and programming practices.
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, SSIS, and Talend is a plus. Experience with industry-standard medical data models, e.g. HL7, OMOP, ICD 9/10, a plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.
TechnologyView all jobs at @Orchard