9Line, LLC Tampa, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Research Neuropsychologist will be responsible for providing expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to traumatic brain injury (TBI). S/he will work in collaboration with other staff to design, conduct and report on research with military Service Members and veterans who have sustained TBI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned consistent to these responsibilities)
· Develops, implements, and conducts brain injury investigations in collaboration with other investigators. May serve as Principal Investigator.
· Responsible for providing expertise in cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychological assessment relevant to research on traumatic brain injury (TBI).
· Provides direct services, to include screening, neuropsychological assessment, treatment, referral, consultation, and education. Conducts neuropsychological evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals as needed to facilitate TBI clinical care management and optimize care.
· Collaborates with staff to design, conduct, and report on research with military Service Members and veterans who have sustained TBI.
· Plans, implements and reports results of studies on behavioral and cognitive correlates of Service Members with traumatic brain injury.
· Attends research meetings, proposes/guides research initiatives, and supports joint research efforts with allied professions.
· Coordinates with principal and co-investigators regarding technical and/or clinical problems affecting research efforts.
· Prepares research protocols and interacts with Clinical Investigation Facilities (CIF) and Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
· Provides direct services, to include screening, neuropsychological assessment, treatment, referral, consultation, and education
· Assist in the development, implementation, and maintains in partnership with Patients, other health care providers and community resources as applicable; assist in the development of a comprehensive treatment care plan in accordance with TBI health care standards for patients.
· Participates, as appropriate, in departmental Quality Assurance (QA) programs and adhere to all safety regulations at all times.
· May presents patient cases in conferences, reports, or meetings to discuss status and updates to cases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Ph.D. degree in Psychology or a related field and have completed a postdoctoral fellowship including clinical experience in neuropsychological assessment/consultation.
· Must have attended a formal neuropsychological fellowship in clinical Neuropsychology, and be skilled in specialized testing and assessment procedure.
· Experience within clinically appropriate systems of care may be accepted in lieu of educational minimums.
· 2-6 years’ experience with administration and interpretation of various neuropsychologist tests.
· Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
· Must have and maintain a current license to practice Clinical or Counseling Psychology in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands, or any US territory that allows for the independent practice of clinical services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
· Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary health care team is required.
· Knowledge of the principles and theoretical concepts of brain injury pathophysiology, clinical effects and treatment required.
· General research knowledge with the ability to develop and implement scientifically sound research protocols required.
· Ability to effectively author professional peer reviewed journal articles, manuscripts, research grant applications, posters, and research reports required.
· Ability to select and apply statistical techniques appropriate to the brain injury research protocols) under development and/or application is required.
· Knowledge of the administrative processes appropriate to the position required.
· Ability to administer and score neuropsychological (cognitive performance) testing is required.
· S/he must adhere to legal, professional, and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. 9Line is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about our organization and its capabilities, please visit www.9linellc.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free work place.
9Line, LLCWhy Work Here?
Honorable mission to help our Nation's Wounded Warriors & Families, excellent benefits and organizational culture!
9Line LLC is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business(SDVOSB) committed to providing innovative, comprehensive and integrated solutions to promote the recovery and rehabilitation of our Nation’s wounded, ill or injured service members and their families. Our strength is in our family-employee culture, our veteran-rich workforce and our singular focus on bettering the welfare of those who serve and have served our Nation in uniform. Our unique team consists primarily of senior, retired, military-disabled veterans and military family members. We bring together a variety of military experience from both the Special Operations and Medical communities to provide comprehensive advocacy support to our nation’s wounded, ill or injured. For more information about our organization and its capabilities, please visit www.9linellc.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free work place.
1300 Bruce B. Downs BlvdTampa, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at 9Line, LLC