Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee efficient preparing, unloading, sorting, staging, stocking, and backhaul processes
- Ensure fresh displays are replenished, rotated, culled several times daily. Set quality standards for culling.
- Ensure proper rotation of all product.
- Oversee/ train on guidelines for all perishable handling.
- Ensure that cycle counts/Liquid Forms are being completed timely and accurately to reduce scrap and maximize sales.
- Ensure work areas are maintained, clean, neat, organized including fixture deep cleans as needed.
- Track stocking productivity daily and hold Stockers accountable to case per hour labor standards.
- Use SSO reports to review re-orderable items that are available in the Distribution Center (DC).
- Responsible for overseeing Seasonal Department including set-up / planning/ stocking / maintenance
- Operate and inspect powered industrial equipment (i.e. Electric Pallet Jack (EPJ) and/or Forklift, refrigerators, coolers, and freezers, etc.).
- Responsible for front end staff training and guidance in day-to day responsibilities.
- Plan front end merchandise layouts and maintain shelves and inventory.
- Ensure specialty racks programs assigned and refilled daily (reading/sunglasses, batteries, etc.)
- Responsible for ordering store supplies including all front-end supplies (example bank change)
- Ensure all Asset Protection programs are being executed and any exceptions are being reported to the Store Manager and Regional Asset Protection Manager.
- Conduct required audits to ensure the store is functional, safe and in compliance.
- Support Store Manager with hiring and onboarding activities.
- Manage recovery process to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Assist Store Manager in enforcing all Company Hazardous Waste Programs including storage, disposal, logs, HWBP (Hazardous Waste Business Plans) and ordering Hazmat equipment.
- Ensure the store is a safe place for associates to work and customers to visit.
- Coach, support, and evaluate new and existing associate performance.
- Ensure all associates are completing all required training programs and documenting results per company guidelines.
- Check and execute SAM Tasks (Task Management system) daily.
- Assist in store’s shrink awareness programs and provide corrective actions.
- Assist with all daily store functions and activities including opening/closing procedures.
- Abide by and uphold all company policies, internal controls, and procedures, including safety guidelines.
- Protect company assets, implementing and executing all company programs and expectations.
- Foster and actively promote a team environment supportive of diversity, individual development, and winning as a team.
- Cover additional duties assigned by the Store Manager.
- Available to open and close store.
Qualifications and Requirements
Core Competencies Required:
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relations and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Being Resilient and Flexible: Overcomes setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- High School Diploma required; AA Degree preferred.
- 2+ yrs. experience merchandising a 99¢ Only Stores or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to exceed performance expectations.
- Ability to work effectively multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to train and lead associates on store best practices in order to manage day to day operations.
- Execute 99¢ Only Stores visual merchandising standards as measured by regular audits
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to constantly stand, bend, twist and reach with a moderate amount of manual dexterity