Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in significantly smaller and more accessible devices than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point of need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
Reporting to the VP of Production/NPI, the Director of Operations will assume responsibility for day-to-day operations and logistics including production deliverables, supply chain and inventory management, demand planning and manufacturing execution. This position will work closely with the product engineering, quality and finance groups to drive towards cost effective manufacturing of a diverse product portfolio. This position will have support and autonomy to drive improved methodologies and technologies for production modernization, efficiency and quality. The Director of Operations role is high-impact and high-visibility at 908 Devices with substantial growth potential as the company expands product lines and markets.
- Direct and continually improve the overall production operations and operations infrastructure of the company
- Continued scale-up of manufacturing & operations to keep pace with company growth
- Ensure supply chain functions effectively and dictate supply strategy
- Optimize production operations workflow to drive efficiency and quality gains in collaboration with product engineering and other cross-functional teams.
- Inventory management, material categorization & production/financial planning
- Multi-site operations coordination
- Equipment maintenance and redundancy planning
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing, Science, or related field
- Minimum 8-12 years' directly related experience in a modern/progressive manufacturing environment, with 5 years in a leadership role preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
- Knowledge of diverse business functions and principles
We are proud to be a company changing the status quo in our industry. Join us and work with curious and innovative people, creative problem solvers, risk-takers, and dedicated colleagues as we reimagine the future of Mass Spec.
908 Devices does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
BusinessView all jobs at 908 Devices
Get fresh Director Innovation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.