If you are a committed, creative Shipping and Receiving Professional and currently looking for placement in this field, we would like to hear from you. 901D is a medium size fast growing company and we are seeking to hire an experienced Stock/Shipping and Receiving Associate to support the company’s office location in New London, Connecticut.
Purpose of the Position:
Under direct functional supervision and guidance of the Lead Systems Engineer with direct supervision of the Shipping and Receiving Manager, the Shipping and Receiving Associate verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks:
1. Move parts to inventory. Enter parts in Quick Base and check item master for current quantity in stock room.
2. Place newly received items under or behind existing stock to keep with FIFO.
3. Pack product for shipping.
4. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
5. Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
6. Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
7. Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
8. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Minimum of a High School Diploma is required.
A minimum of two years of manufacturing factory-related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to build and create great customer relations.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Familiarity with software programs used in this job preferred.
- Certification of forklift training from an accredited school.
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, you will be required to regularly talk and hear. It is a very active position that requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
901D is a Defense Contractor; U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and ability is offered
- Vacation / sick / holiday leave
- Medical / dental / vision / disability insurance
- 401K match
901D is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce in all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.