- Performs general and terminal cleaning of operating rooms, public areas, offices, and patient rooms.
- Vacuums carpeted surfaces, damp mops hard surface floors with the appropriate surgery center approved chemicals.
- Cleans blood and body fluids.
- Cleans equipment in the operating rooms and PACU rooms rooms.
- Cleans furniture in bathrooms, offices, waiting and other public areas as assigned.
- Cleans sinks, mirrors, toilets and replaces supplies as required in the bathrooms and staff locker rooms.
- While generally assigned to a specific area, may be dispatched to other areas as needs dictate between OR and PACU. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Washes walls, lights and similar surface areas.
- Upon completion returns equipment to assigned location (i.e. equipment storeroom, Janitor's closet).
- Keeps janitors closet and storage area neat and orderly.
- Performs all terminal duty mopping and cleaning.
- Empties trash chutes and cleans waste containers.
- Advises supervisor of unsanitary, unsafe or otherwise unsatisfactory conditions and defective or damaged fixtures, furniture or equipment.
- Collects trash and debris in rooms and hallways.
- Takes trash to the compactor.
- Disposes of hazardous waste properly.
- Able to communicate clearly with staff in English
- Previous housekeeping experience