Senior Business Development Executive
- Posted: over a month ago
829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Adweek 100 Fastest-Growing Digital Agencies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. We’re a certified Great Place to Work® and have been recognized by Outside Magazine as a Best Place to Work. Our projects and team members have received awards from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards, and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations, and more. We're proud to be working with STANLEY Black & Decker, OARS, Hilton Hotels, Stanford University, and hundreds of other companies that share our passion for performance marketing.
The Senior Business Development Executive is directly responsible for driving and reporting on new client acquisition. This individual is responsible for achieving quarterly/annual sales goals, building strategic business relationships, and providing keen and accurate forecasting. The Senior Account Executive is also responsible for managing to strategic growth drivers to achieve budgeted revenue targets and containing the costs of selling in order to achieve predetermined budget KPIs.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop pipeline. Developing a targeted set of medium to enterprise account targets and generating opportunities to achieve digital marketing sales targets within that vertical.
- KPI: Schedule 4+ self-generated discovery calls per week
- KPI: Add 25k+ in pipeline per week
- KPI: Close 5k/MRR per week
- KPI: 2+ audits scheduled per week
- KPI: 150k/mo of net new prospects
- KPI: 25k/mo in signed MRR
- KPI: 150k/mo in project work
- Build process. Refine and develop 829 Studios sales process, including the use and adaptation of sales and prospecting tools, weekly and monthly pipeline reporting, and sales forecasting.
- Field incoming leads. You receive inquiries for projects from new or existing clients and schedule conversations to hone in on their needs. You are exceptional at building rapport, asking questions, and instilling confidence in 829’s ability to deliver on the ask.
- Coordinate audits. Most sales begin with an audit and a high-level proposal for the work. You are largely capable of conducting the audit with some support from team leaders. You present your findings to the prospect to ensure you are aligned before producing a detailed SOW.
- Prepare proposals and SOWs. Craft in-depth proposals with all of the project details captured in detail. SOWs are backed by a sample project plan to ensure the business viability and fit of the work.
- Maintain a pipeline. Track prospect status and progress in HubSpot. Coordinate with finance to manage projections for clients signing, and account services to ensure proper team allocations.
- Facilitate successful hand-offs. Once a client is signed, ensure a successful handoff to the delivery team, capturing all relevant client nuances.
- Coordinate agency sales. Work with marketing and web teams to ensure a cohesive sales approach, including the development and pitching of new services and products. Pitch the value of a single partner that can provide the best omnichannel service.
- Foster & maintain referral partnerships. Collaborate with 829’s channel and referral partners, inclusive of other agencies and integration partners, to foster mutually beneficial relationships and joint projects.
Qualifications & Skills
- 7+ years of selling experience in digital advertising sales (has to be sales in our specific industry whether publisher or tech sales) with a larger book of business ($4M+)
- 2-3+ years experience managing a team of sellers responsible for teams who drive significant revenue ($15M+)
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets with extensive senior-level brand and agency contacts in Boston or New York
- Proficient in Hubspot (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail when capturing requirements in statements of work
- A firm understanding of how performance marketing, website design / development, earned marketing
Benefits & Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance. Summer Fridays Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% Safe Harbor employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences
- Compensation. Competitive base salary and eligible for commission.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?