829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. Our projects and team members have received recognition from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations and more. We're proud to be working with Stanley Black & Decker, OARS, Micato Safaris, Hilton Hotels, AOA Adventures, Leave No Trace and many more.
After three years of explosive growth, 829 Studios is at an inflection point – looking to refine processes, evaluate opportunities and embark on its next stage. The Senior Accounting Manager role will be the first Accounting FTE for the business and a key driver of this transition. The role will coordinate closely with an external part-time Bookkeeper and an external Finance and Planning Consultant.
829 Studios’ Senior Accounting Manager will direct, manage and execute all accounting activities for the business. This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong professional accounting skills and acumen, interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. Ideal Candidates will have a strong track record of progression and success in the accounting field, ideally in high growth industries. As the first Accounting FTE, this role will include significant exposure to activities supporting FP&A and strategic decisions. This Manager will report directly to the Founders and their external Finance and Planning Consultant. This role is for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and wants to have a big impact at a fast-growing company. 829 Studio’s work environment is collaborative, team-oriented and fun.
LOCATION: Boston, MA
- Lead all aspects of 829 Studios’ accounting functions, including, but not limited to:
- Invoicing to company Clients – recurring service invoices and large deliverable progress Payments
- Accounts Receivable – cash application of checks, credit card payments and EFTs and collections efforts on overdue accounts
- Manage accounts payable – entering/auditing AP transactions via bill.com
- Manage Fixed Assets reporting and Depreciation
- Maintain general ledger
- Manage the monthly close-of-books – bank reconciliations
- Coordinate payroll and benefits accounting with HR Director
- Create monthly financial reporting packages for 829 Founders
- Opportunity to lead bank relationships, risk management as business grows
- Establish continuous improvement of internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial reports and safeguarding of the company’s assets.
- Evaluate and develop systems and processes that support the financial and accounting process and operations.
- Establish a business partnership with the Founders by providing value-added advice in support of Company goals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful candidate is organized, detail oriented, reliable and works well with minimal supervision
- Bachelors Degree in accounting required
- Minimum of 6-7 years of bookkeeping experience in a company with sales of $5 million or greater
- Prior experience in Media, Digital Marketing, Service Agencies sector is preferred
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with Quickbooks - Online version
- Exposure to various plug ins to Quickbooks – payroll, credit card payment streams, bill.com, etc.
- Experience in a small high growth business cycling from $10 to 20+ million in annual revenues
- High degree of emotional intelligence, integrity with confidential material and self-motivation
- History of successful problem solving. Proactive approach.
- Key characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance.
- 401K plan with 4% employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.
- Free Lunch & Breakfast. We offer a fully paid ‘family lunch’ and breakfast once per week.