Associate Director of Project Management, Client Services
829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Adweek 100 Fastest-Growing Digital Agencies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. We're a certified Great Place to Work® and have been recognized by Outside Magazine as a Best Place to Work. Our projects and team members have received awards from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards, and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations, and more. We're proud to be working with STANLEY Black & Decker, OARS, Hilton Hotels, Stanford University, and hundreds of other companies that share our passion for performance marketing.
The Associate Director of Project Management is the Client Service Team's Project Management lead and ultimately responsible for the distribution of high-quality deliverables that power client satisfaction, meet business requirements, and balance client and agency profitability. The Associate Director of Project Management will be responsible for managing the Project Management Team, developing and improving project management processes, and serving as a key liaison between the Project Management Team and the agency's executive team. This person will own project definition, scope monitoring, and budgeting & timing at the brand level. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of digital marketing and a track record of leading successful projects.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage and mentor a team of project managers, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure successful project delivery.
- Oversee the full lifecycle of multiple digital marketing projects, including web development, content creation, SEO, SEM, social media, and email marketing campaigns.
- Ensures that the project management team utilizes a flexible project management approach that adheres to established processes, yet remains open to adjust processes for efficiency
- Leads large teams to drive complex programs/campaigns to completion based on scope and budget
- Hire and retain highly-capable team of project managers while fostering diversity and career development
- Accountable for the development, accuracy and maintenance of all team SOWs
- Collaborates (with BDR) to provide accurate and realistic cost-to-complete estimates and forecasts for assigned one-time and recurring projects
- Reviews all projects across the entire agency to determine resource and skill requirements; partners with Senior leadership to drive resource allocation management; ensures the right resources are cast to the need
- Structures and leads project status reviews; leads cross-team post-completion review
- Partners with account team to provide appropriate communication directly to clients in an effort to clearly manage expectations
- Client-facing lead on issues related to production, quality assurance, and project management
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators to senior management, including client utilization margins for the entire marketing division
- Active problem-solving for project issues; assisting teams in resolution and successfully leading large teams to develop risk mitigation plans
- Continually improve team and client communication and developing processes that lead to more effective collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to deliver constructive feedback while outlining and facilitating development plans where needed
- Conduct regular check-ins and reviews with direct reports, providing them with clear feedback and go-forward SMART goals and objectives
- Lead recurring department meetings by setting clear agendas and desired outcomes
- Enforce team compliance to key company standards and professionalism
- Participate in team and cross-capability recurring interviewing and staffing
- 7+ years of experience in project management within a digital marketing agency, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Experience managing large-scale, complex projects with a high level of client interaction.
- Experience managing a small to mid-sized teams of project managers.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with project management software, such as ClickUp, Asana, Jira, or Trello.
- Knowledge of digital marketing, including web development, content creation, SEO, SEM, social media, and email marketing.
- SCRUM mastery
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance. Summer Fridays Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% Safe Harbor employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.
829 StudiosBoston, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.