Business Development Manager - Midwest Region - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Business Development Manager will identify and develop new account customers as well as maintain existing accounts. The Business Development Manager will oversee sales activities within the Midwest territory for the customers, specifically in the areas of flow, level, and rain monitoring services and related products.
- Manage sales activities in a specific sales region for the accounts, including but not limited to generating leads, writing sales proposals, leading proposal presentations including presentation development and generation, negotiating, and procuring sales contracts, delivering signed contracts to Operations.
- Develop the company accounts within a Region and develop strategies to meet individual client needs.
- Join and actively participate in local industry associations. Present technical presentations in conferences and sales seminars.
- Sell concepts & close accounts with municipal wastewater and consulting engineering customers.
- Meet and/or exceed individual revenue threshold while maintaining and growing sold margins by working with Operations managers to develop competitive pricing for opportunities.
- Timely follow-up on leads generated through both corporate and regional efforts for the company accounts.
- Report daily & weekly in the contact management data base (CRM) of the company account prospecting activities including schedules, opportunity management and contract status.
- Abide by on-the-job site safety requirements.
- Initiate Project kick-off meetings prior to project start-up for the company accounts.
- Work closely with Operations to determine specific project requirements and assist in contract interpretation and client interface for the company accounts.
- Complete Special Projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.S. or equivalent technical degree.
- Exposure to and understanding of collection systems or open channel hydraulics preferred.
- Ability to develop business from home utilizing virtual presentation skills Demonstrated ability to promote concepts and ideas to create customer demand
- Proven ability to identify and acquire new accounts with success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required with exceptional listening skills.
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Minimum 3 plus years of related direct sales experience preferred with exposure to accounts within the Midwest territory
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time. Primary work location will be your home office.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Prior experience with sales and sales management tracking databases preferred.
- Valid driver's license
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
813 Consultants, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at 813 Consultants, LLC