Chemicals Plant Technical Manager / Elite Top Performer
- $145,000 to $160,000 Yearly
Chemicals Plant Technical Manager
Job Code (TX132-2685332)
Houston, TX / Chemicals plant
$140,000 - $160,000
Relocation Expenses: NO LOCALS
SMALL CHEMICAL PLANT - 100-150
NO INTEREST IN OIL/GAS CANDIDATES
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 12+ years minimum technical or operations experience.
- Supervisory experience in a technical or production management role within the chemical industry with demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Must have demonstrated expertise or leadership in several of the following areas:
HSSE, PSM, Environment, Project Management, Capital Project Management.
- The employer only wants to consider Houston, TX applicants only at this time – NO RELOCATION.
- Must be a current manager / supervisor
This is a multi-faceted role that requires a strong skill set with a focus on PSM, environmental, process troubleshooting and improvements, and project engineering and capital management.
Manage the resources required to maintain high levels of process safety and environmental performance, monitor and improve the quality and efficiency of plant operations, provide technical applications support to potential and existing customers, provide technical support for existing and proposed plant processes, develop a strong contingent of process engineers, and work with the Process Technology Group in support of the plant’s and PXD’s long-term technology program.
Manage the development and execution of capital budget and capital project planning. Ensure capital planning and execution encompasses project management, long term reliability considerations, and operability.
- HSSE & PSM:
- Direct the implementation of the Technical department’s HSSE programs.
- Drive site compliance with all internal and regulatory process safety and Responsible Care standards, including OSHA 1910.119, ACC, and corporate Mandatory Safety Standards.
- Administer an environmental program that complies with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensure that all process projects maintain or enhance overall safety and health conditions.
- Ensure that hazardous processes have been audited for compliance with new or existing governmental regulations.
- Ensure that all products made and shipped do not contribute to the injury or illness of employees, customers, or the general public.
- Manage the resources required to plan, develop, and implement process improvements that enhance or maintain product quality and production efficiencies to meet the specific customer requirements and production needs.
- To provide support required to meet plant targeted production rates, quality specifications and efficiencies by providing necessary resources for troubleshooting and optimization.
- To maintain liaison with Process Technology Group (PTG), sister plants, purchasing, sales, and other functional groups in order to coordinate resource allocation and project assignment to support plant and business team objectives.
- To achieve corporate and customer quality standards by participating in the setting of objectives and goals toward excellence as a member of the Management Team.
- Capital Management:
- To develop and implement the capital plan for the facility.
- To manage capital priority, preparation, processing and implementation.
- To establish and maintain procedures for a capital tracking/reporting system for projects, efficiencies and developments.
- To ensure that capital projects include long term reliability and operability in planning and execution.
- Cost Management:
- Manage the resources required to plan, develop and implement cost reduction projects or programs to continuously reduce product costs.
- Develop and manage the annual Technical budget.
- Monitor and document variances from financial performance targets.
- Human Resources:
- Formulate and propose proper organizational structure and development activities required to develop and maintain a motivated workforce capable of meeting or exceeding technical department goals.
- Develop shared leadership by sponsorship of CARE teams.
- Ensure that all personnel policies, procedures and guidelines are administered in a consistent, equitable and fair manner.
- Develop and direct the Technical Team in a proactive manner by fostering both individual employee contributions and cooperative teamwork, motivating toward total quality performance and exercising effective communication.
- Develop opportunities for members of the Technical Team which will expand their capability and enhance their quality of work life.
- Utilize site employee development processes in order to provide effective feedback for improvement of team members.
- Develop new challenges and creative, meaningful assignments for all members of the technical department.
- To lead engineering and analytical resources required in providing services to all site teams such that plant objectives are met or exceeded.
- To develop a team capable of responding in a flexible manner to rapidly changing volume and market requirements.
- Lead the technical department to develop, through ingenuity and creativity, new projects to improve quality and cost effectiveness of process.
- Position Scope:
- This position has the latitude to enact changes in operating variables within established guidelines and conduct tests which could potentially increase efficiency and/or improve product quality.
- The incumbent also has latitude in the management of his staff, (Process Engineers, Compliance Engineer, Project Engineers and contractors, and Compliance Coordinator), including organization and training and development.
- The Technical Manager receives general priorities from the plant manager regarding operating capital and analytical requirements for the plant and is expected to direct financial and human resources towards accomplishing objectives aligned with these priorities; this requires a consultative style to assist the business in choosing initiatives with high value and payback with longer term business value.
- May directly project manage large scale high-visibility projects; other projects will be managed within the team.
- Coordinates and integrates efforts of other functions such as commercial or manufacturing; contributes to projects of strategic importance to the business and advances knowledge in the technological field.
Get fresh Chemicals Plant Technical Manager / Elite Top Performer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.