Automotive Plant Operations Manager / Elite Performer
**Tier #1 Automotive Operations Leadership Experience Required**
Job Code (NC104-2685280)
$115,000 - $125,000
Industry: Tier #1 Automotive – Metals related – Welding experience is a plus!
Understanding and participating in HSE&E practices!
Please review all nation-wide jobs at 7SolutionsUSA!
Automotive Plant Operations Manager Summary:
The Operations Manager directs all production activities within the manufacturing facility. They will lead the day-to-day activities within the plant and ensure that production schedules, products, and deliveries meet the customers quality standards at minimum costs.
Automotive Plant Operations Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises Shift Superintendents and all plant operations team members to ensure correct, accurate and timely completion of production and delivery schedules.
- Responsible for the objectives necessary to meet production, quality and plant safety standards.
- Constantly monitors processes to assure the objectives are met and timetables are kept.
- Works with support personnel to assure that materials, quality, accounting, and personnel needs will be met in order to avoid interruption of production.
- Responsible for meeting established goals.
- Evaluates production requirements and determines production schedules.
- Responsible for identification, implementation and verification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Follows work-in-process to assure work is proceeding satisfactorily.
- Studies, institutes and maintains efficient and safe work practice procedures and facilities.
- Keeps abreast of safety requirements and new developments in order to maintain an injury free, highly efficient plant operation.
- Improves the abilities, skills and knowledge of production personnel through appropriate instruction and training.
- Assures strict compliance with all quality control standards by maintaining a current and complete acquaintance with quality.
- Jointly establishes individual objectives through analysis of, and familiarity with, each individual’s job functions.
- Understanding and participating in HSE&E practices, which are applicable to their job function.
- Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies.
- Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in Automotive Industry.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Manufacturing experience including several years of supervisory experience.
- Effectively and professionally communicate.
- New Program Launch experience required.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies and proven track record of implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability.
- Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- Welding operations experience a plus.