7 Eagle Group Norfolk, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a company that allows you to serve your nation?
Come join the brotherhood and sisterhood and the proud legacy of ship builders for our nation's defenses right here in Portland, Maine, that will change the course of history.
We are looking for Engineer III/Senior/Principle to join our team with exciting career opportunities.
Great hunting and fishing, hiking, summer and winter sports, wonderful beaches, an outdoor paradise!
If you are looking for an outstanding, stable company in the Fortune Top 100 that genuinely cares about its employees offering great benefits package, relocation bonuses, college assistance, a training center, a place where you can grow professionally, while working with extraordinarily talented people, who believe in the team concept and believe in our Nation's Defense, we want to speak with you.
Come join the brotherhood/sisterhood and proud legacy of ship builders in America Come Grow With US!
- Monday to Friday with occasional weekend day
- 1st Shift
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide on-site representation for the DDG 51 Class PY Engineering team in Norfolk, VA
- Interface with the Navy, Navy Contractors, the Company Design and the Company management
- Provide technical support to Design for Ship Installation Drawing (SID) package development for Ship Alterations and Post Shakedown Availability (PSA) Work Items tasked to Planning Yard
- Accompany and assist shipcheck teams to ensure TDR guidance is followed and requirements are fulfilled
- Support Design in the resolution of waterfront Engineering issues that may arise during installation of Ship Alterations
- Interface with NAVSEA, ISEAs , and other contractors as required in seeking engineering solutions
- Participate in off-site meetings and other events as needed
- Participate in special projects and lead technical meetings as assigned
- Develop and process Ship Alteration Technical Data in accordance with schedule constraints and governing requirements.
- Occasional travel is required
- This is a permanent position that reports to the HM&E Engineering Team Lead in Maine
WHAT WE'LL DO FOR YOU
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Supplemental policy (i.e. Aflac)
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
- Familiarity with DDG 51 class construction and documentation required
- Must have the flexibility to work in a fast paced environment under the pressure of changing and often conflicting priorities
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects required
- Strong research skills and attention to detail required
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic and ability to work independently required
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with varying personalities required
- Competence in MS Office products and general PC skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experience in a marine repair environment preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
We have additional openings in many other positions with higher pay and responsibilities, including:
- Front-line supervisors
- Equipment operators
- HR associates
- Much, much more!
- Apply Now!
- We with personally review your application and respond.
- However, if you need to follow up on your status, feel free to email Mark Cater (Mark @7eagle dot com) after four business days.
This position is open to everyone who applies, though we strongly encourage veterans and military spouses to apply.
We are a national recruiting firm that connects employers with talented military Veterans.
We get jobs for Veterans.
Even though we focus on Veterans and their family members, civilians are welcome to apply and are fully considered as well.
7 Eagle Group
EngineeringView all jobs at 7 Eagle Group