Manager of Technical Accounting
Manager of Technical Accounting
6K Inc. is a high-growth, high-tech company focused on the sustainable production of advanced materials. The company's two divisions 6K Energy and 6K Additive are focused on the production of sustainable and domestically produced battery materials used in electric vehicles and grid storage as well as additive manufacturing powders made from sustainable sources. The UniMelt microwave plasma processing system is a disruptive technology that significantly lowers the environmental impact with far less energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions compared to other conventional material manufacturing processes. Our technology is transforming engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more.
6K was recently recognized as Best Places to Work from Boston Business Journal in 2023. We are backed by a world-renowned investor group including Koch Strategic Platforms, Energy Impact Partners, Anzu, Volta Energy Technologies, launch Capital, and Material Impact. 6K has raised more than $350M to date.
We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our fast-paced dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to challenge the boundaries of traditional manufacturing.
Responsible for supporting 6K's accounting and finance organization to help ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP on various technical accounting matters. Responsible for developing accounting policies, procedures, and controls; and implementing new accounting standards.
How you will make an impact
- Research US GAAP guidance and provides technical accounting guidance.
- Provides timely accounting support to strategic and complex business transactions.
- Leads implementation of new accounting standards applicable to 6K
- Drafts annual financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Drafts and updates accounting policies, procedures, and position (white) papers.
- Works with auditors supporting the company's accounting conclusions.
- Assists with internal control implementation and documentation.
What you will need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA (current active or inactive license)
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including 4+ years of Big 4 accounting firm experience.
- Ability to independently research a complex accounting issue, formulate a view, and prepare documentation.
- Experience in implementing accounting standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 6K we believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. We are also committed to providing veteran employment opportunities.
6K IncNorth Andover, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.