Environmental Health and Safety Manager
6K, Inc. North Andover, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You will develop and implement comprehensive EHS management system designed to address site-specific requirements and establish a culture of EHS excellence. As Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, you will be accountable for improving the Health, Safety and Environmental performance by ensuring an exemplary health and safety culture and maintaining a strong focus on the environment. You’ll apply your in-depth HSE knowledge to offer advice, guidance, and solutions in the site’s organizational compliance with local, state and federal environment health and safety regulations. As a key member of the team, you’ll design, develop, implement, and monitor occupational health, industrial hygiene and workforce safety procedures, processes, and programs in alignment with policies, instructions, and standards
· Facilitate dynamic EHS program development in collaboration with construction general contractor during construction/start-up while building the EHS infrastructure for routine operations
· Assemble the appropriate set of multidisciplinary professionals which integrate people, process, and technology to ensure a safe and healthy workplace and minimize environmental impact in a sustainable manner.
· Proactively perform hazard identification, risk assessment and gap analysis of site activities and develop risk-based corrective action plans and programs. Assist/ support selection, development and implementation of Occupational Health Programs which define the site-specific needs in the areas of Medical Surveillance and Employee Health. Establish appropriate employee and contractor medical surveillance for: respiratory protection, hearing conservation
· Support line managers and supervisors by conducting regular training and communicating effectively on all safety awareness programs to ensure plant leaders understand their obligations, liabilities, and compliance requirements in the daily performance of their roles
· Establish employee health services for: injury and illness response and management; workplace claims filing and management; return to work programs; OSHA recordkeeping; PPE management and ergonomics.
· Establish core Safety Compliance Programs to address: fire and life safety, fire alarm impairment, emergency response (both biohazardous and chemical), Lockout Tagout (LOTO), hot work, powered industrial vehicles, fall protection, GHS labeling, and confined space access.
· Manage site EHS budget; estimate, track, and report EHS budget performance and participate in developing long range operating plan for site operational capital and expense budgets.
· Design, develop and implement employee training programs regarding Safe working behaviors and compliance for all employees and contractors within the Plant
· Facilitate HSE risks assessment in collaboration with line managers and encourage the direct involvement of shop floor employees in the assessment process
· Bachelor’s degree in the EHS field; Master’s degree preferred.
· At least 5 years of experience with at least 2 years in EHS leadership, Professional certification (e.g., CBSP, CIH, CSP) is highly preferred.
· Maintains safety equipment inventory, performs periodic safety inspections, monitors hazardous waste removal vendors, and may assist in consolidating hazardous wastes (chemical, radioactive, and/or medical). Prepares and monitor safety programs and manuals for new and existing business units. Ensures compliance with OSHA, EPA, CDC and other federal and local standards. Ensures compliance with the Hazardous Waste Management program.
· In-depth knowledge of industrial safety programs, occupational safety and health administration requirements and Code of Federal, State, and Local Regulations.
· Interacting with a variety of departments, conducts training in emergency response and hazardous material handling. Monitors environmental compliance and maintains liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies. Recommends corrective action where environmental health and safety hazards exist. The work of the EH&S Engineer who is an Industrial Hygienist involves industrial hygiene, life safety, and ergonomic compliance-related activities.
· Management System, establish roles and responsibilities for program implementation, and provide subject matter expertise to site senior leadership. The manager, EHS will play critical role transitioning EHS management from construction and start-up through routine operations. This leader will play a key role in driving a culture of EHS excellence.
· Strong project management skills are required with demonstrated capability in developing, implementing and communicating effective Safety and Health programs
· Prefer experience in environmental health and safety program and compliance handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals and waste materials
· Expert of industry and federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
· Ability to operate a forklift. Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook).
· Partner & Collaborate Effectively: Listen to and value others’ thoughts and ideas. Demonstrate effective partnership both within and outside your team. Achieve results with and through others.
· Support Learning & Growth: Demonstrate self-awareness, humility, and curiosity in service of self-development. Provide regular coaching and feedback that will inspire growth and improvement in others.
AddressNorth Andover, MA
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at 6K, Inc.