Staff Accountant - Hybrid/Onsite
615 Ventures is a Nashville-based investment firm that creates value primarily through the acquisition and management of real estate nationwide. We currently own and manage 450,000 SF of retail, office, industrial, and residential space in 6 different US markets. Currently, we are focused on the acquisition of long-term, NNN commercial assets, but also have land for build-to-suit opportunities as well as a few commercial redevelopment projects in the pipeline. While we are focused in the greater Nashville area, we underwrite deals in nearly all 48 contiguous US states.
As the Staff Accountant for 615 Ventures, you will support 615 Ventures (a real estate investment firm) and The Woolworth Theatre (Shiners - Nashville's first residency show) by producing accurate financial reporting for decision-makers across each business. Ensuring those efforts are accounted for and in tip top shape is critical to our long-term success. The accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure all accounting is processed efficiently and accurately. You are a key player to our small but mighty team's success and have many opportunities to learn the ropes of not only the real estate industry, but music business/hospitality as well.
This role is hybrid (after the first 90 days of training) or onsite, whichever you prefer!
What you'll do
- Track and record expenses, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable across multiple businesses
- Ensure timely reporting and accurate bookings
- Complete month-end process across multiple businesses
- Culminate accounting records information using data from multiple sources
- Perform transaction-level data entry and review your own work for accuracy
- Reconcile all balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare month-end reports for each line of business
- Ensure cardholder compliance with expense reporting requirements
- Cut checks (requirement onsite)
- Graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent professional bookkeeping experience
- A juggler (no, not literally juggling-- though that would be exciting) - You are a master at dealing with competing priorities
- You pay close attention to the details - Not only does it mean the difference between $100 and $1,000, but your attentiveness to the small things will keep the books clean and easy to follow
- Excellent at Excel, you know your way around a pivot table and understand vlookup - If not, you at least know how to google it and implement it without direct guidance
- A team player - You are just as eager and willing to do the glamorous tasks as the not-so-glamorous tasks
- You understand the balance between transparency and discretion in your work - You are able to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Constant learner and not afraid to tackle the unknown
Our benefits and programs are designed to make your life better for you and your family...
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance and beginning the first of the month after working with us for 30 days
- 401(k) retirement plan with 50% match (up to 6% of your annual contributions)
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (includes holidays, personal days, sick days, vacation days)
- Catered lunches 4 times per week in office
- Paid volunteer opportunities to give back to the community
- Coffee, soda, snacks
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire in an employer approved US state and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.
We believe that our differences make us stronger, and thus foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. 615 Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.
615 VenturesNashville, TN
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.