612North Event Space + Catering is hiring! Are you looking for a position in the Events Industry? We would love to speak with you. Please review the description below & fill out the application if you think you're the perfect fit.
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Hours: Part-time and Full-time, approximately 10-40 hours per week, schedule varies between nights and weekends based upon event calendar
- 612North has two beautifully unique event spaces located right next to the Arch, and we are looking for a high energy, positive, and professional Event Assistant/Event Manager to join our team. We host a wide range of events such as weddings, corporate meetings, charity galas, auctions, fashion shows, etc.
- This role will ensure all guests are provided with prompt and friendly service according to 612North standards by working with team members to establish overall guest satisfaction. This position will work closely with the 612North team to ensure successful events and five-star service to each client.
- Under the supervision of the Events and Catering Director and Assistant Sales Managers, the Event Assistant/Event Manager will assist in the setup and execution of all events
- Setup and breakdown of tables, chairs and all 612North décor
- Assist with and assign opening and closing duties, as needed
- Greet, interact with, and direct clients, vendors, and 612North staff
- Assist with other projects and event related tasks as needed
- Communicate with all clients, guests, and 612North staff in a way that fosters teamwork, integrity, and professionalism
- Assist with the audio and visual needs of events, as needed
- Has an outgoing, positive and professional attitude acting as an ambassador of company values, mission, and image to the public at all times
- Is responsible for all Front of the House staff ensuring all tasks are completed and all staff are staying on tasks. This might include, clocking staff in and out, overseeing tasks lists, completing the manager log at the end of every shift, updating the Daily Tip Out Sheet, and closing an event down with an Close to Open mentality
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Events and Catering Director and Assistant Sales Managers
- Willing to take ownership of each event and the critical duties assigned
- Creative, flexible, and must have the ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with the 612North team members
- Self-motivated, efficient, and proven ability to work positively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Must work with professionalism and ethical conduct
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as assigned
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- High-energy and the willingness to work long hours, sometimes multiple events per day/weekend
- Knowledge of table service standards
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation
- Positive individual who follows all 612North guidelines and manuals
- Education: High-school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience in assisting with banquets of 150+ guests
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer relations and/or public service
- Knowledge of catering practices
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed
We are adhering to the highest standards to maintain a safe working environment for both our employees and our guests.
612North Event Space and Catering
Why Work Here?612North has two beautifully unique event spaces located right next to the Arch, and we are looking for high energy, positive, and professional team members for our stellar events! We host a wide range of events such as weddings, corporate meetings, charity galas, auctions, fashion shows, etc.
Amazing location with spectacular views, award-winning event space, fun and hardworking team!
Saint Louis, MO