Platform Product Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. We're revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products for our customers in the Retail, Manufacturing and 3PL space.
As a Platform Product Manager you will support our company vision in building and managing platform investments for our customers. You will drive key decisions about our platform and roadmap as we build a Global Fulfillment Network for eCommerce operations. Working in close partnership with Product Management peers and the Software and Hardware development, User Experience, Data Insights and customer-facing teams, you will help manage the end-to-end product management lifecycle, from ideation and requirements gathering to prioritization, implementation & measurement in the field outcomes. Building and communicating a compelling business case, highlighting tensions/trade-offs and influencing key stakeholders from across the business will be paramount in successfully delivering your platform vision.
In a "typical" day you could be working with our Customers and Solutions team on gathering requirements for new features, partnering with product management peers to unlock the ecosystem, collaborating with developers to create reusable components & services, conducting market research, writing detailed user stories and requirements, and refining those user stories with your engineering peers. Our environment/culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and encourages innovation and creativity. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership roles over time. This is a unique opportunity; you will have an immediate impact on the success and growth of our company.
This role reports to Sr. Platform Product Management or higher and is an integral part of our fast-growing Product team.
- Own and drive all aspects of the product platform lifecycle including stakeholder engagement/management, product ideation, definition and prioritization, overseeing development and implementation, and ongoing strategic roadmap management, execution of objectives and measurement of your business outcomes
- Drive platform outcomes that enable product & development teams to scale solutions and deliver product offering with increasing velocity.
- Inspire a platform first culture.
- Be the customer champion, using data and customer feedback to inform product and roadmap decisions
- Communicate your product vision and roadmap to key stakeholders throughout the organization--influencing to attain support and resources to execute
- Partner closely with with engineering and peer product managers, ensuring all dependencies are known, tracked, and completed on time; ensure all proposed changes to the front-end are reviewed by stakeholders, feedback is incorporated, and changes are communicated to impacted internal teams prior to launch
- Validate ideas and designs using qualitative feedback, A/B tests, and product performance metrics
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in product management
- Demonstrated measurable growth outcomes for the business/adoption/engagement of your platform products with minimal oversight.
- Successful experience working across multiple stakeholders and peer product teams
- Skilled at prioritization, scheduling, critical path management, status reporting, and stakeholder communication and management
- High attention to detail and accuracy along with the ability to prioritize conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Highly organized; happy juggling many things at once and good at time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to concisely summarize key findings
- Strong relationship-building and collaboration skills; able to influence others and push back in order to achieve larger company goals
- Evidence of "scrappy startup execution" and "get it done" attitude
- Familiarity with Agile software development; Kanban is a major plus
- A background in user testing and/or project management is a plus
Competitive salary and equity. Excellent benefits and limitless career growth opportunities.
Position will be remote Digital by Default, our headquarters in Waltham, MA.
Position requires minimal travel (~10%) to customer sites in North America and Europe.
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot.
6 River SystemsWhy Work Here?
Great team environment: one of our core values is “we all win when our customers win.”
6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software. Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot.