Federal Government Affairs Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Federal Government Affairs Manager
6K Inc. is a high-tech start-up focused on the sustainable production of advanced materials.
The UniMelt® is our groundbreaking microwave plasma technology platform driving our two divisions: 6K Energy and 6K Additive. Our energy division focuses on the production of sustainable and domestically produced battery materials used in electric vehicles and grid storage while our additive division specializes in sustainably sourced, AM metal powder production and reclamation.
Our technology is transforming engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more.
We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our fast-paced dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to challenge the boundaries of traditional manufacturing.
Summary-- Roles & Responsibility
Reporting to the VP of Government Affairs, this position is part of the company’s overall commercial/strategy team, joining our commercial and federal sales teams, focusing specifically on identifying Federal Government initiatives, grants or contracts that provide a vehicle for the company to expand business and product development, particularly within the DoD and DoE agencies.
Pursuing potential business opportunities that capture and expand capabilities is assumed through networking with Government partners, exploring opportunities with Prime Contractors and subcontracting awards through strategic partners, all working towards increasing 6K Inc., 6K Additive and 6K Energy’s visibility and profitability.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage strategic customer relationship development and identification and pursuit of R&D and production opportunities under a variety of contract vehicles, including SBIRs, BPAs, IDIQs and others
- Develop strategy to focus Federal Business Development efforts on the highest probability win opportunities, balancing short term & near term, matching to company’s technology and product portfolio strengths
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements and to position 6K as an industry leader
- Identify teaming opportunities with other contractors including SMBs and defense prime contractors with complementary products and services
- Identify teaming strategies for working with primes, agencies, and work with the VP of Government Affairs in seeking Congressional “adds”
- Ensure schedules and performance standards are realistically set and strategic milestones are attained
- Lead or coordinate development of short- and long-range goals/objectives and business opportunities pipeline focusing on U.S. Federal Government agencies
- Develop and recommend strategies for taking advantage of the company’s technical strengths and development of new capabilities
- Lead or coordinate in new business capture and pursuit activities; champion multi-discipline or cross-functional teams in proposal preparation activities
- Ensure the necessary resources to produce strong, effective, and winning new business captures and proposals
- Lead or support a team mindset within the company and develop appropriate teaming or joint venture partners
- Manage and report activities, pipeline development, and revenue forecasting
Key Skills and Experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in a federal government agency, the Department of Defense or for a defense contractor
- MBA preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop professional quality materials presentable to a wide range of audiences
- Professional and entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work independently and take initiative
- Interest in learning and comprehending technical and scientific processes
- Understanding of the federal budgeting process
- Ability to navigate the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Energy
- Knowledge of the procedures related to federal grants and contracts from researching and positioning to acquiring and fulfilling requirements and regulations.
This is a remote opportunity with considerable travel needed for the position. Preference for those living in the surrounding areas of Washington, DC.
6K Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
6 K Inc
BusinessView all jobs at 6 K Inc