API Solutions Architect
- Expired: March 06, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
540 is looking for an API Solutions Architect to help build an API management platform for data sharing across the Department of Defense. You will join a team with a mission to create performant and API-first solutions for emerging government requirements including: API enablement of DoD systems, Authentication / Authorization requirements, etc. Additionally, you will work with DevSecOps teams to operationalize / enhance environments (Prod and Non-Prod) to support existing integrations and new integrations of various components to the platform, and configure the API management tool (Apigee) to help drive success and implement common behaviors across the platform. Data Mediation, Traffic Management, and Security are all areas of the platform where you will focus to improve the DoD enterprise as a whole, and help the DoD become more efficient and maintainable in the way DoD stakeholders make decisions and actions on critical information.
This role can be done remotely within the continental United States with the expectation that core working hours are Eastern Standard Time.
540 is a forward-thinking company that the government turns to in order to #GetShitDone. We do more than talk about it, we break down barriers to innovation and build impactful tech. We're looking for someone with big ideas, who thrives on innovation and is a self-starter. If you love to learn about and work with new technologies, we want to talk to you.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of related technical experience
- Proficiencies in RESTful API design, building and consumption
- Experience with Apigee's API Management Platform (experience with comparable API Gateways and API Management platforms will be considered)
- Experience with OpenAPI (fka Swagger)
- Experience with Agile projects and development
- Understanding of core principles of cloud architectures and experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Ability to corral, define and document technical requirements for developer implementation
- Ability to identify performance issues at the app, API, and data tiers and offer solutions to make it better
- Understanding of various methods of authentication via APIs (PKI, OAuth, JWT, etc) and authorization (LDAP, SAML, etc)
- Broad understanding and experience with various frameworks, tools, and technologies (including challenges exposing/consuming data through APIs)
- Understanding of HTTP and TLS/SSL
- Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation
- Ability to learn quickly and "become an expert" on something that you don't have previous knowledge/experience on
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently (as if on an island) with clients, but also be a consummate team player
- Must have or be able to get a security clearance
- Ability to define, create, and execute integration tests (API testing, unit testing, etc)
- Experience standing up a Developer Portal
- Knowledge of non-RESTful data interfaces (SOAP, Web Sockets, GraphQL, etc)
- Experience with securing sensitive data (including security marking standards such as DoD Banner Lines or ISM)
- Ability to rapidly code proof of concepts to help with analysis of alternatives (should be a person who can code in mixed environments) and prove out ideas
- Experience deploying applications in DoD or other accredited federal environments that require IA certification and accreditation to deploy.
- Understanding of high availability and scalability techniques at the app, API, and data tiers.
- 100% covered health, dental and vision premium for employees, optional dependent coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401k with employer match
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible PTO + all Federal holidays off
- Paid parking or transit expenses
- Home Office allowance
- Monthly technology stipend
- Fully loaded Macbook Pro
- Paid AWS Developer account
- Reimbursement for trainings / certifications
- Stocked kitchen with nitro cold brew kegs on tap
- Fitness Center onsite
- Referral Bonus - good people know good people
- Ongoing Social Events (including, but not limited to annual hackathons, Taste of 540, holiday party, annual charity golf tournament, so much more...)
- Access to 540's Washington Capitals Tickets
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
540's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Get fresh API Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!