501 Commons Seattle, WA
- Posted: 27 days ago
- $62,000 to $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
In order to serve their clients and perform their missions, nonprofit organizations need to make effective use of information technology. However, many of them lack the training, knowledge or support they need to do so. This is where we step in, and this is where you can help. As a key member of our Technology Services team, the Salesforce Consultant will work to help nonprofits meet their missions by driving client-specific implementations, integrations, maintenance, and system improvements on the Salesforce platform.
This is a very customer-focused role with lots of client interaction, so an aptitude for working with people as well as data is essential. Sensitivity toward nonprofits’ missions and operations is crucial along with the ability to explain technical options and limitations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
It is also important to maintain a big-picture perspective of client organizations and their needs while providing assistance to them. Skills in process improvement and requirements definition and prioritization are essential.
- Project development
- Lead or facilitate defining and gathering client business requirements.
- Analyze client business requirements while accounting for priorities.
- Prioritize delivering the highest value as early as possible within client budget.
- Translate nonprofit client needs into successful Salesforce implementations. These typically involve Salesforce customization, data migration, technical documentation, and coaching client administrators.
- Salesforce system administration – best practices and practical application in these areas:
- Users, profiles and permission sets
- Objects and page-layouts
- Automation including workflows, processes, and flows
- Reports, Dashboards and List Views
- Salesforce system and database maintenance
- Data deduplication
- Release Updates
- Health Checks
- Website-to-Salesforce integration
- Use of data import tools like Data Loader and Workbench
- Integration management – fitting third-party applications to the nonprofit’s business process. As examples:
- Email marketing: MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Vertical Response, Soapbox Mailer, etc.
- Forms, merge and reporting: Apsona, Conga, Form Assembly, FormStack, DocuSign.
- Online giving integration: Classy, iATS Brickwork, Click & Pledge, Soapbox Engage
- Event registration integration:
- Nonprofit Cloud packages including Nonprofit Success Pack, Program Management Module, Case Management, Volunteers for Salesforce, and Auctions for Salesforce.
- Other website integration applications like Gravity Forms, Salesforce sites, JotForm, Zapier, etc.
- Assist Client Engagement Manager with client intake and project scoping.
- Manage ongoing client relationships.
- Stay current with Salesforce releases and corresponding documentation and provide new functionalities and solutions as needed.
The above list includes the most commonly occurring responsibilities of this position. From time-to-time other duties commensurate with the level of this position may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years as a Salesforce administrator, Salesforce.com certifications a plus.
- 3+ years in technology as a consultant, business analyst or database/systems administrator.
- Experience with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack including legacy “Starter Pack” versions.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations – strongly preferred.
- Experience creating documentation for requirements, design, test, and training.
- Experience as a developer a plus, but not required
- Open source Website CMS experience a plus (especially Plone, WordPress, Drupal).
- Desirable: Experience with (or desire/aptitude to learn) Apex, VisualForce, and Lightning Components.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, work independently and use good judgment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others; well-developed communication skills with colleagues and client stakeholders.
- Ability to self-manage and adapt to changing priorities as needed.
- Adept with multiple software systems and willing to learn new products.
If your qualifications don’t match exactly to these requirements but you think you’re a good fit for the position, we still want to hear from you about why you’d be a great addition to our team.
What We Offer:
- Flexibility: Ability to set your own schedule within a M-F, 7 am to 7 pm timeframe, including working remotely and/or from home.
- Collaboration with a small, but highly professional, state-of-the-art technology team with numerous opportunities for professional development.
- Benefits including generous paid time off; paid holidays; and medical, vision and dental coverage.
Salary: $62,000-$75,000 annually DOE
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal, valued and supported.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Salesforce Consultant in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
We offer a wide range of services to support nonprofits and nonprofit leaders. Our coaching and management consulting services (board development, planning, facilitation etc.) are available on a sliding scale, thanks to 475 professionals who have joined our Executive Service Corps.
Financial and HR services are available on a consulting basis as well as on-going services. Visit our website, database and technology strategy services to leverage technology in support of your mission. Our tech services will help keep your network systems stable and secure.
Nonprofit leaders and staff can get tools and best practice information and referral guidance through our Information and Referral program and build peer relationships and leadership skills by attending workshops and working with executive advisors.
We also create programs to help our philanthropic partners meet their goals.
Visit 501commons.org and check out the Statewide Nonprofit Resource Directory - a first stop for resources and referrals to service providers.
501 CommonsWhy Work Here?
At the end of the day, wouldn’t you like to know that you played a role in nonprofits successfully accomplishing their missions?
We all rise when nonprofits thrive. 501 Commons serves nonprofits as experts, innovators, and partners. Our passion is to amplify the strengths of nonprofits—so people and communities flourish. We offer a wide range of services to support nonprofits and nonprofit leaders. Our coaching and management consulting services (board development, planning, facilitation etc.) are available on a sliding scale, thanks to 475 professionals who have joined our Executive Service Corps. Financial and HR services are available on a consulting basis as well as on-going services. Visit our website, database and technology strategy services to leverage technology in support of your mission. Our tech services will help keep your network systems stable and secure. Nonprofit leaders and staff can get tools and best practice information and referral guidance through our Information and Referral program and build peer relationships and leadership skills by attending workshops and working with executive advisors. We also create programs to help our philanthropic partners meet their goals. Visit 501commons.org and check out the Statewide Nonprofit Resource Directory - a first stop for resources and referrals to service providers.
TechnologyView all jobs at 501 Commons