Program Manager, IT Infrastructure
If you find yourself regularly diving in to solve problems and you bring a background as an experienced manager who invests in client success and team growth, we have an opportunity where you can make a real difference in the world as Program Manager for our evolving IT infrastructure team.
This position is a great fit for a person who sees a true mission in helping nonprofits harness the power of technology to expand the reach of their services. Your problem-solving leadership and big picture perspective will help navigate the way for nonprofits to make innovative use of systems and tools.
The Program Manager leads management and delivery of IT Managed Services including IT consulting, service desk and client account management. To achieve this, the Program Manager cultivates a highly effective team of dedicated technology professionals. Under the Program Manager’s leadership, this team actively listens to nonprofits’ needs, understands ways that technology can be used to enhance their mission, researches the costs and suitability of various solutions, helps nonprofits create overall approaches to technology, and authors implementation plans.
As a senior member of the Technology Services team, the Program Manager has a collaborative role in the ongoing development of 501 Commons’ consulting work, including the integration of technically skilled volunteers into the organization’s offerings.
- In partnership with other technology leaders, grows 501 Commons’ consulting and services in accord with evolving best practices and the needs of the nonprofit community
- Innovates and evolves IT Infrastructure business model to meet nonprofit needs and ensure program sustainability
- Provides management and mentorship to team of IT professionals
- Defines and leads the implementation of consistent technical processes for systems implementations, maintenance, and support
- Manages and documents IT Infrastructure client communications, relationships, and billing, using 501 Commons information systems
- Understands and effectively promotes technology and other 501 Commons services
- Establishes and monitors program performance according to established goals (financial, client satisfaction, service impact) and implements adjustments to achieve success
- Expands 501 Commons’ knowledge of latest technological advancements with an eye for applicability in a nonprofit environment
Direct Service Delivery
· Provides direct IT Infrastructure project management, strategy and technology assistance to clients in the following areas (at least 40 billable hours per month):
o Stable and Secure IT Infrastructure
o Technology Strategy and Planning
· Manages client engagements and relationships
· Assist technical teams in requirements gathering and documentation
· Provides resource management to ensure effective utilization and client satisfaction
· Develops and maintains project plans for managing scope, schedule, resource needs, staffing and detailed work breakdown structure
· Performs risk/issue assessment, tracking resolution and escalation to ensure project completion
· Provides direction and sets priorities to deliver to plans/budget and resolve day-to-day program issues
· Strong customer-service and relationship management skills, including discussing difficult subjects, setting and meeting expectations, and negotiating contracts
· Experience developing and leading effective teams
· 7-10 years of solid experience in local and wide area networking technologies:
- LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, and Internet connectivity products (hubs, switches, routers, firewalls) and their installation, configuration, and support
- Implementation, migration, and support of Microsoft Windows client and server networking environments
- Configuring and supporting enterprise-class security devices, such as Cisco, SonicWall, and Watchguard
- Experience with small business and/or nonprofit systems and applications:
- Implementation and support of Microsoft server products including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, and SQL Server
- Cloud platforms including Office 365, Google Apps, Box.com, Dropbox
- Microsoft Office suite in a networked environment
- Server and client-side protection strategies against viruses, malware, and spam
- Security assessment and planning methodologies
- Designing, implementing, and testing robust automated backup solutions
- Applications and processes for managing computer workgroups, including desktop imaging and lockdown solutions
- Nonprofit applications for fundraising, financial management, and event coordination is a plus
- Develops relationships quickly; able to present technical information through spoken or written communications to diverse audiences in understandable terms
· Ability to manage client procurement processes for hardware and software systems and related data communications service provider contracts
· Demonstrated success in project management
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
· Passionate about the ability of technology to transform the nonprofit sector
· Proven ability to identify trends, develop strategies, and implement solutions
· Self-starter who possesses exceptional time management skills and has great attention to detail; must act independently and be self-motivated to prioritize and manage projects to meet deadlines
If you’re excited by the potential to take on this position, reach out to us even if your qualifications don’t match exactly to these requirements. We value diverse experience and skills.
What we offer
· Flexibility: Ability to set your own schedule within a M-F, 7 am to 6 pm timeframe, including working remotely 1 day/week
· Collaboration with a small but highly professional team with opportunities for professional development.
· Benefits including generous paid time off, holiday pay, and access to employer-paid medical and dental coverage.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve our mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal, valued, and supported.