Assistant General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With accolades from James Beard and Bon Appétit, Yardbird pays tribute to the craveable American classics that bring people together. Guests can indulge in brunch, lunch, dinner and a curated cocktail program highlighting a dynamic collection of bourbons.
REPORTS TO: General Manager; Director of Operations
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Guests, Kitchen Staff, Stewarding Staff, F&B Staff, Management Team
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager and Director of Operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Must be able to maintain tact and cool under pressure
• Able to work flexible hours necessary including off hours, weekends and holidays
• Ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality
• Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility
• Excellent guest service skills
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
• Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and
• Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed
accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance
• of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards,
• company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
• Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
• Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper
• uniforms, and appearance standards.
• Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient
• provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
• Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests
into return guests.
• Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
• Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in
the event that a guest or employee is injured. Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while
upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
• Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
• Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
• Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
• Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance
• Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
• The employee frequently is required to stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger, handle or feel; talk; hear; see; and reach with
hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 50 pounds
Qualifications and Competencies
• At least 3 years of restaurant management experience
• Knowledge of MS Office, ALOHA, and Compeat Advantage preferably.
• Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security,
company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
• Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
• Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
• Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
• Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate
solutions to restaurant problems.
• Must possess effective communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in
daily restaurant activities.
Founded by CEO John Kunkel, 50 Eggs is a James Beard nominated, multi-faceted, full-service culinary and hospitality firm focused on developing cutting-edge brands with unparalleled dining experiences. 50 Eggs owns and operates the award-winning Yardbird Table & Bar, CHICA, Spring Chicken, and WAKUDA, a bold, artful collision of time and culture, traditional and modern Japanese cuisine and seductive design created by world-renowned, two-Michelin-starred Chef Tetsuya Wakuda and 50 Eggs Hospitality CEO John Kunkel.
50 Eggs Hospitality Group
RetailView all jobs at 50 Eggs Hospitality Group