“We are innovators who make purpose-built gear for life's most demanding missions.”
Our Ethos defines our culture - Trusted, Accountable, Responsive and Committed
5.11 Tactical is the fastest-growing and most well-known brand of tactical apparel, gear and functional products in the world. We are now opening 5.11 retail stores nationwide to complete the total 360-degree experience our customers crave. Our teams work closely with First Responders, Special Forces operators, industrial professionals, tactical and fitness enthusiasts around the globe to design, develop and deliver unique apparel and gear that inspires readiness.
In order to accomplish this mission, we have an exciting opportunity to manage and grow our new 5.11 Tactical Retail Store Opening Soon at: 4900 Cutler Ave. N.E. Albuquerque, NM 87110. We are seeking an exceptional, service-minded, retail Store Manager who will be responsible for delivering an exceptional 5.11 brand experience, building and maintaining customer relationships while leading the retail sales team and achieving store sales goals.
- Establishes and oversees plans, budgets and variable cost for store; works with comparable sales to last year, sales to budget and future trends to maximize profitability
- Accurate recording of sales figures and performs cash operational functions.
DELIVER OVERALL BRAND EXPERIENCE
- Directs and models 5.11’s Ethos, Values, Mission and Service standards providing an elevated customer experience
- Works closely with 5.11 Tactical Merchandising team to coordinate merchandising updates, identify opportunities and develop long-term strategies
- Leads and delegates merchandise processing, replenishment and recovery of sales floor to brand standards
- Ensures team is trained in the appropriate fitting techniques and accurately executing fittings
- Ensures all alterations and embellishments are executed according to department specs
- Directs and models an efficient and satisfying cash-wrap experience
- Ensures housekeeping duties are completed to maintain a neat, clean and professional store experience.
- Establishes, monitors and follows up on sales goals, sales plans and sales budgets to optimize profit
- Executes reductions, price changes, and transfers
- Unloads delivery truck, receives, opens and unpacks merchandise and labels merchandise with security tags
- Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety
- Has working knowledge and oversees use of all Company systems in store
BUILD CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
- Creates an environment that maintains a 100% focus on the customer
- Directs and models selling behaviors to build customer relationships and brand loyalty
- Models and supports use of store tools and systems to nurture customer relationships
- Develops and guides efforts to establish relationships with local public safety organizations
- Directs Uniform Services department to meet service level commitments
- Accountable for total store and individual sales goals
- Attracts, recruits, hires and trains high-caliber leadership team members and service specialists
- Assesses team’s performance and provides feedback using both informal and formal methods
- Ensures all team members are working together to create a positive environment and resolves issues
- Writes and flexes store labor schedule
- Manages store controllable expenses
- Protects the assets of the store through implementation of loss prevention practices
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree and/or 3-5 years of retail experience – apparel preferred
- 2+ years of retail store management experience required
- Proven ability to provide a superior customer experience and drive customer loyalty
- Proven ability to assess talent and manage performance
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, lift, walk, and reach overhead
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Ability to use a POS system
At 5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold our Ethos which defines our culture – Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and Committed.
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of integrity, intent, capability and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek to ‘over-deliver” relative to expectations.