4Patriots Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
4Patriots is a fast-growing, nationally recognized direct-to-consumer brand focused on offering high-quality products across multiple categories including camping & outdoor, emergency preparedness and health & wellness. The company is powered by an adaptable, results-focused, data-driven team in a culture that empowers great people to do their best work. We are searching for an analytical, resourceful, decisive Senior Manager, Compliance to join our team.
The Mission of the Senior Manager, Compliance is to ensure the Company adheres to all HR related legal standards required of our multi state employment environment, as well as our internal HR policies and practices. Protecting the company while upholding our environment of transparency, fairness and consistency through appropriate application of policy and practice is essential.
This role requires someone with an analytical mindset who can appropriately assess areas of risk, level of significance and recommend course of action. This role also requires someone who can create, interpret and apply human resources policies and principles, empathetically listening to concerns and address and resolve issues. A thoughtful perspective and a balanced approach to achieve strategic priorities while considering employee needs is critical. Finally, this role requires a self-starting, decision maker who takes pride in and ownership of their work.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company that is expanding its Human Resources practice. This role will require both strategic thinking and tactical execution. In the short term, the Sr Manager, Compliance will demonstrate an in depth understanding of 4Patriots’ core business and products, key stakeholders and current processes. The Sr Manager, Compliance will then leverage this knowledge to refine scalable and repeatable HR processes and execute responsibilities to a superior level. The Sr Manager, Compliance is critical to the HR Team’s success by achieving the goals and priorities agreed upon.
Company Core Values:
- Get the important stuff done - We look for individuals who strive to have deep understanding of their role, how their work connects to their team and the company at large, and how to organize their priorities to drive business value in the right ways.
- Actively and eagerly seek to learn, improve, and grow - We look for individuals with intellectual curiosity and a questioning mindset.
- Ask questions and use data to make decisions - We look for individuals who take in evidence, organize information from multiple sources, derive meaning from it, and make critical decisions quickly.
- “We” not “I” - We value knowing how to cooperate with peers and leaders to help the team achieve its goals.
- See the glass half full - We look for individuals who take ownership of their role, learn from mistakes, and demonstrate excitement and passion for their work.
Primary Responsibilities / Essential Job Functions:
- The Sr. Compliance Manager will Manage HR related legal standards required of our multi state environment, ensuring the company maintains compliance throughout all practices (recruiting, onboarding, administration, benefits, compensation, separation, etc)
- Develop, implement and oversee processes or systems to prevent and /or manage deviations from legal guidelines and internal policies
- Develop and facilitate leadership training on relevant compliance related topics
- Ensure internal policy and practices are known and understood, and provide guidance on adherence
- The Sr. Compliance Manager will administer all leaves of absence in accordance with federal and state guidelines and maintain associated documentation (FMLA, ADAAA, etc.)
- Act as point of contact for Employee Relations issues (performance and procedure), review performance disciplinary documentation, and provide guidance and recommendations to managers/supervisors
- Conduct complex workplace investigations, providing corrective action recommendations
- Facilitate annual employee handbook update, researching and recommending required regulatory updates
- Manage Benefits plan compliance, audits and documentation, including Paid Time Away policy, assisting the Finance team with audits, as necessary.
- Handle the Workers’ Compensation process for workplace injuries / illness
- Facilitate employment termination process, including exit interviews, managing severance agreements and responding to unemployment claims
- Conduct regular audits of HR compliance related areas (I-9, E-Verify, HR files, HRIS data, etc.)
- Lead, coach and motivate others, both directly and indirectly, to achieve desired results
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside the company, assessing the effects of new laws, changes and updates on existing policy
- Collaborate with compliance officials, legal counsel, HR peers
- Create, modify, implement and maintain HR policies and Standard Operating Procedures as necessary
- Support the HR team when necessary with employee engagement and events, including recognition, team building and social activities, and participation in volunteer activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including support for the HR Director or VP of Finance, as requested.
- Follow all policies and procedures of 4Patriots.
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 10+ years of proven HR experience, handling compliance, employee relations, and like functions
- Strong knowledge of legal standards affecting all Human Resources functions
- Knowledge of and experience working in a multi-state environment
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping requirements
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough investigations and make fact based recommendations
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Proven experience leading / managing a team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make fact / data driven decisions
- Ability to calm others in stressful situations
- Ability to discuss sensitive or confidential topics with subordinates, peers and superiors
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and apply job related material, including laws, rules, policies, etc.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with team members
- Advanced computer skills and ability to learn new programs
- Exceptional organization, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, and deliver results within a fast-paced environment
Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to work independently as well as collaborate within a dynamic multi-department environment to achieve common goals; organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously; take ownership and be self-motivated and resourceful to find problem solutions; be data and results driven; and learn quickly in a fast paced, open plan environment. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be detail oriented and adaptable.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; occasionally required to climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Repetitive motion of hands required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Travel Requirements:
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
2021 Note: Temporarily working from home office due to COVID-19 environment.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at 4Patriots