Software Engineer for Clinical Supply Forecasting Solution
4G Clinical Cary, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In addition to Boston, Raleigh-Durham and Portland, we welcome candidates in Amsterdam, Basel, Brussels, Dublin, Nottingham and Rheinbach.
Fast Company’s 2020 Best Workplaces for Innovators list honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels. 4G Clinical came in at #8 for its dedication to building a culture that fuels innovation, curiosity and the spirit of experimentation in all facets of the business from product development and brand to services and staffing. We were also voted one of the 2018 Best Places in Health Care & Biopharma by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE.
4G Clinical is a global leader in randomization and trial supply management (RTSM) and supply forecasting optimization software for the life sciences industry, offering the only fully cloud-based, 100% configurable and flexible solutions utilizing natural language processing (NLP) to accelerate clinical trials. 4G Clinical is headquartered in the Boston Biotech corridor of Wellesley, MA, with offices in Europe and Asia.
We are searching for a Software Engineer, with a focus on mathematical and statistical modeling to work on 4C Supply®, the world’s first integrated RTSM and client supply forecasting solution.
The Software Engineer for 4C Supply® is responsible for the following:
- Participate on a decentralized, agile-based software development team.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code, unit-test and document implemented features
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of server-side models and algorithms, with emphasis on complex statistical computations
- Implementation of web service APIs (REST)
- Implementation of client-side logic, including UX design, HTML layouts and templates, AngularJS logic, and styling
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
The position requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Software Engineer or a Data Scientist in an agile environment working with web-based applications.
- Experience with ORM (Object Relational Mapping)
- Experience with numerical/statistical package such as NumPy, Pandas
- Design and implementation of APIs such as Django/Django Rest Framework, Express.js or any Node.js framework
- Experience with modern application frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with micro-services / loosely coupled applications using multiple data sources and interfaces
- Good understanding of how databases work and how to use them efficiently
- Understanding of probability, statistics, and strong mathematical foundation
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with cloud-based applications and virtualization is a plus (Docker, EC2, S3)
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or equivalent field is required, with preference towards Master’s degree or higher.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a development role in an agile development environment
TechnologyView all jobs at 4G Clinical