- Posted: over a month ago
4G Clinical has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced DevOps Engineer supporting projects in the clinical research field. At 4G, you have the opportunity to thrive personally and professionally, make a real impact in the lives of others, and be part of a culture where individuals are valued for their perspectives, ideas, and contributions.
The DevOps Engineer is a key enabler in the agile development environment at 4G Clinical. As the interface between the Software Engineers, Software Quality Engineers, QA, and Operations, the role consists of ensuring that all 4G Clinical systems (development, testing, deployment, productivity, operations, etc.) are functional, practical, integrated, and as automated as possible.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Set up and maintain all 4G Clinical environments
- Development environments, e.g. Bitbucket/Git, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, AWS, etc.
- Virtual Environments and deployment technology, e.g. Docker, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Deployment environments, e.g. development, testing, User Acceptance Testing, training and Production, and all related software environments
- Set up and maintain
- Code coverage, code quality and code monitoring software
- Infrastructure and Application monitoring
- Internal and client data replication / back-ups
- Disaster Recovery Plan
- Enable automated generation of QA-related documentation from the Atlassian Suite.
- Collaborate closely with the Lead Software Quality Engineer to ensure proper incorporation of automated testing and test reporting.
- Collaborate closely with Development, QA, and Operations teams to facilitate product and client project deployments.
- Ensure all-time availability of production environments, schedule maintenance and migrations in coordination with the Services Team.
1) A minimum of 5 years’ experience on a DevOps team in an agile environment working with web-based applications in cloud environments
2) a minimum of 2 years’ experience on a DevOps team plus the AWS Associate Solutions Architect Certification and the approval of the VP of Technology.
Experience with the following tools/environments is desired:
- DevOps: Jira/Confluence, Git, Bitbucket, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Prometheus/New Relic, Docker, AWS, Jenkins
- Operating System: Ubuntu/Debian , CentOS Linux
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB
- Good understanding of Agile workflows is essential
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A bachelor’s degree in IT, software engineering or equivalent field is required, with preference towards master’s degree or higher.
WHY 4G CLINICAL?
4G Clinical is honored to be part of Fast Company's 2020 Best Workplaces for Innovators list, citing businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels. 4G Clinical came in at #8 for its dedication to building a culture that fuels innovation, curiosity and the spirit of experimentation in all facets of the business from product development and brand to services and staffing. We were also voted one of the 2018 Best Places in Health Care & Biopharma by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE.
4G Clinical is a global leader in randomization and trial supply management (RTSM) and supply forecasting optimization software for the life sciences industry, offering the only fully cloud-based, 100% configurable and flexible solutions utilizing natural language processing (NLP) to accelerate clinical trials. 4G Clinical is headquartered in the Boston Biotech corridor of Wellesley, MA, with offices in Europe and Asia.
For U.S.-based candidates, we offer compelling benefits to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited Vacation Days for Salaried Full-time Employees
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts
- Company Paid Disability and Life Insurance
- Global mental health benefit
- Generous 401k program
- Paid sabbatical program
- Option Grants
4G Clinical is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
AddressWellesley Hills, MA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?